My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

34 minutes ago, 3Dimensions said:

Slightly worrying, wish they'd just postpone/cancel it. Social distancing circle pit! 

https://www.altpress.com/news/my-chemical-romance-milton-keynes-not-postponing-coronavirus/

This article is trash. Just giving false hope to people. Everything else in June and July is cancelled why would an MCR gig be any different?

I bet you this was written by fans in false hope. This hasn’t been cancelled yet because they are probably trying to sort a reschedule. 

Edited by Matt42

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

This article is trash. Just giving false hope to people. Everything else in June and July is cancelled why would an MCR gig be any different?

I bet you this was written by fans in false hope. This hasn’t been cancelled yet because they are probably trying to sort a reschedule. 

Rammstein haven't cancelled either but that will 100% not be happening as the Principality Stadium in Cardiff is being used as a makeshift hospital and are advertising jobs for 3 months minimum.

2 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

Rammstein haven't cancelled either but that will 100% not be happening as the Principality Stadium in Cardiff is being used as a makeshift hospital and are advertising jobs for 3 months minimum.

I bet you millions the reason why it isn’t cancelled is because they are trying to sort a reschedule and they haven’t yet

3 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Mcr are not the only ones,  sure the killers have not postponed yet and that tour is early june 

True, I’ve got Killers tickets and the only reason I can think of a delay is due to the football stadium issue if they re-arrange. 

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

True, I’ve got Killers tickets and the only reason I can think of a delay is due to the football stadium issue if they re-arrange. 

Theres an article on the nme website saying the killers dates are postponed til 2021 with new dates yet to be confirmed 

Just now, atomised said:

Theres an article on the nme website saying the killers dates are postponed til 2021 with new dates yet to be confirmed 

Really?! Hadn’t seen that.  Thanks.

Hard to book the Emirates again I guess when they don’t even know if it’s going to be available doe to football overrunning etc...

Was just watching an interview with the Italian health minister saying that even though restrictions are being reduced, bars, restaurants and concerts won't be allowed to continue until there's a vaccine. I would expect the same here tbh 

On 4/12/2020 at 12:42 PM, sisco said:

Really?! Hadn’t seen that.  Thanks.

Hard to book the Emirates again I guess when they don’t even know if it’s going to be available doe to football overrunning etc...

To add to that, the drummer from The Killers himself confirmed it on an Instagram live Q&A. He said something along the lines of "We have the earliest available dates next year" or words to that effect if I'm not mistaken. Possibly June again if I had to guess?

15 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

To add to that, the drummer from The Killers himself confirmed it on an Instagram live Q&A. He said something along the lines of "We have the earliest available dates next year" or words to that effect if I'm not mistaken. Possibly June again if I had to guess?

Some of the quotes are here :) https://www.edp24.co.uk/going-out/the-killers-carrow-road-norwich-gig-postponed-due-to-coronavirus-1-6606875

On 4/11/2020 at 1:27 PM, Matt42 said:

It came from quotes by the Executive Director at MK Dons to local media saying that until they are told otherwise, they're presuming its on until promoter backs out or government extends mass gathering restrictions. Could be this article is seeing the inch and taking a mile.

But realistically, its hard to believe that it will be on. I think there's little likelihood that international travel will ease enough by June for MCR to even come over, let alone gathering restrictions are relaxed for 3 nights worth of 30k crowds to congregate in the same stadium.

On 4/12/2020 at 12:41 PM, atomised said:

Yeah Ronnie Vannucci himself said its off on Insta, as said above.

I need to cancel my Manchester hotel then.

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

The MCR Eden show postponed to 2021 

Edit- not confirmed MCR will appear in 2021 but the show is postponed for now 

Yeah Eden Project has postponed the entire Eden Sessions till next year. Could be absolutely meaningless if the acts don't come back. Hopefully this forces MCR to make an announcement. If it's a straightforward year postponement, it had better be like for like on the days. I need it on a saturday. Festivals will postpone for weekend dates, but that's how they operate. Arena tours postpone and swap the day of the week for whatever is most convenient.

Government has just advised current guidelines mean dont book either uk or foreign holidays for summer and transport secretary has advised against booking any for later this year.  I reckon that is a big an indicator as anything that everything will be cancelled this year.

1 hour ago, Oboy82 said:

Government has just advised current guidelines mean dont book either uk or foreign holidays for summer and transport secretary has advised against booking any for later this year.  I reckon that is a big an indicator as anything that everything will be cancelled this year.

Glad I booked one for October this week.... oops

1 hour ago, Oboy82 said:

Think they are just saying this as if they say, for example, booking a holiday for August should be fine, they start setting a timeframe which they can't possibly know whether they can stick to and will inevitably come back to bite them. At the very least I'm sure a "staycation" is possible this year. 

• 2 weeks later...