My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an email saying the door time has changed to 5pm. Can't remember what it was before. Hopefully they change my green coach time to accomodate, rather than have me in a massive queue for no reason.

I'd imagine first support at 7pm, then  8pm, then MCR at 9pm. Give or take a quarter of an hour around all that.

2 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Just had an email saying the door time has changed to 5pm. Can't remember what it was before. Hopefully they change my green coach time to accomodate, rather than have me in a massive queue for no reason.

I'd imagine first support at 7pm, then  8pm, then MCR at 9pm. Give or take a quarter of an hour around all that.

Thought it was always 5pm doors tbh - pretty sure that’s the time my coach was scheduled around anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, 3Dimensions said:

Record store day postponed for same day as the first announced MK date. 

it's a slightly different thing to have lots of people in an enclosed space to lots of people in a field.

Having said that, I think it's likely that a lot of the biggest bands will cancel their plans. It's not like they need the money.

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Having said that, I think it's likely that a lot of the biggest bands will cancel their plans. It's not like they need the money.

We're seeing this already, what with Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine and Billie Eilish among acts to delay their US tour dates and talk of Live Nation cancelling every major concert tour for the next few weeks.

I'm already expecting The Killers to cancel the show I have tickets for in May, even if they themselves put out a message yesterday ahead of releasing their new song saying they still want to proceed. I have little confidence as well for the June events I was eager to get tickets for, which included trying to get in for one of these shows.

Yet UK government is fine for all to still go ahead... don't get it ngl.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

We're seeing this already, what with Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine and Billie Eilish among acts to delay their US tour dates and talk of Live Nation cancelling every major concert tour for the next few weeks.

I'm already expecting The Killers to cancel the show I have tickets for in May, even if they themselves put out a message yesterday ahead of releasing their new song saying they still want to proceed. I have little confidence as well for the June events I was eager to get tickets for, which included trying to get in for one of these shows.

Yet UK government is fine for all to still go ahead... don't get it ngl.

Not any more they're not by the sounds of things 

2 minutes ago, atomised said:

Not any more they're not by the sounds of things 

Yeah I wrote this before it was reported in every newspaper that they were now advising mass events are to be cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Chalk it up as another post that has aged poorly in surprisingly quick time.

Edited by charlierc

13 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Yeah I wrote this before it was reported in every newspaper that they were now advising mass events are to be cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Chalk it up as another post that has aged poorly in surprisingly quick time.

Lot of those about at the moment. Everything changes so quickly 

7 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

So we reckon they'll move this to June next year? Hope I can still get a hotel and afterparty ticket

I think that’s the most likely scenario. 

Personally, I think they should merge the three dates and do it at Wembley Stadium and then do a second night at Wembley so that I can try for tickets again :ninja: 

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Moving to next year would be the best scenario for me, I think a lot of people are being optimistic announcing new dates for September/October time. I'd love to be wrong, but I think this is gonna drag out longer than the summer.

You're right, they probably are being optimistic. But even if they're not and artists are able to tour September - December this year, the touring schedule is going to be so congested, and are people going to be able to afford it?

Congestion is definitely going to be an issue, you'll already have loads of booked dates that bands aren't going to want to give up in case we're all clear by then, and then all the bands up until probably June/July trying to book around these as early as they can. In one respect it's great for the venues because they're all going to be busy, but there will inevitably problems.

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

Congestion is definitely going to be an issue, you'll already have loads of booked dates that bands aren't going to want to give up in case we're all clear by then, and then all the bands up until probably June/July trying to book around these as early as they can. In one respect it's great for the venues because they're all going to be busy, but there will inevitably problems.

I work in an o2 venue and this is exactly it. Even if there aren't shows announced in September/October/November/December, most of the date holds will be in place already, if not confirmed dates. So like you say, it will be a case of fitting in what can be fit in, around what is already there.

As well as this, it's all well and good that festivals are looking at pushing back their dates to September/October, but this is only going to work if the bands on the line-up didn't already have commitments booked that far in advance. 

I watched the Taylor Swift doc on Netflix and in some of that it sounds like once an album is due to be released the plans of touring for the next 2 years of that album are already in place so I think it will be very challenging to re-arrange everything and lets say as an example MCR were going to do their own shows this year, in 2021 MCR might've already had festivals booked and be signed and sealed so it'll be quite complex for numerous acts to sort their schedules out without conflicting with what they've already signed themselves up for not to mention the other acts and then acts that are not touring this year but plan to bring albums out in the next 12 months

Edited by foolee

44 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

There's also the problem that Stadium MK is a football stadium and if you're assuming gigs are good to go then football is too, so without a change of venue this is a summer thing only.

stadium mk is also currently scheduled to be in use as a host venue for the Women's Euros in July/August next year, although I'm aware there's talk UEFA may reschedule that to 2022 due to the risk having the men's tournament now playing in summer 2021 will overshadow the women's version.

11 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

So we reckon they'll move this to June next year? Hope I can still get a hotel and afterparty ticket

The venues doing the afterparties are currently doing crowd-funding. A lot of UK venues will be doing this as well tbf.

I'm happy to get involved - I live near MK, have been to both venues, even played them a few times. I like them and I appreciate its difficult but I'm happy to do something to help out.

53 minutes ago, charlierc said:

stadium mk is also currently scheduled to be in use as a host venue for the Women's Euros in July/August next year, although I'm aware there's talk UEFA may reschedule that to 2022 due to the risk having the men's tournament now playing in summer 2021 will overshadow the women's version.

The venues doing the afterparties are currently doing crowd-funding. A lot of UK venues will be doing this as well tbf.

I'm happy to get involved - I live near MK, have been to both venues, even played them a few times. I like them and I appreciate its difficult but I'm happy to do something to help out.

Apologies for being so MK centric. But.... maybe, if yr have a few spare pounds, donate to this?

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/keep-craufurd-alive

Thanks. X

• Like 1