My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

The video yesterday for me basically confirmed New album followed by a tour of the US. I'm praying they don't drop the album on June 19th. It seems a bit mad they're playing the Thursday, Sat & Sun with no Friday date announced, i'm hoping this could be for a fourth show or just a day off and not an album release date. I' imagine they'll drop new music after their finished with EU in July. So maybe August time?

12 minutes ago, lukecork said:

The video yesterday for me basically confirmed New album followed by a tour of the US. I'm praying they don't drop the album on June 19th. It seems a bit mad they're playing the Thursday, Sat & Sun with no Friday date announced, i'm hoping this could be for a fourth show or just a day off and not an album release date. I' imagine they'll drop new music after their finished with EU in July. So maybe August time?

I would read nothing in to the friday gap other than not wanting to play 3 nights back to back.

In fact checking the full tour dates there are no blocks of 3 shows back to back 

Edited by atomised

Still a few seats on gigs and tours but yeah pretty much cleared out now. Think quite a few of the recent download/reading and leeds headliners would struggle with sales of this size (def lepperd, SOAD, Avenged Sevenfold, Post Malone, KOL, Kendrick, Fall Out Boy) which for me definitely makes them headline material for either next year

Saying that those bands weren't on the reunion hype

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Four UK shows the week after Download, I have no idea why they didn't go all in for them.

Four shows before Glasto too, you think one of them would of gone in. Probably  made more money solo tbh this will be almost 100k tickets shifted at a verity of prices.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I doubt this momentum will stick though. They will probably have a great 2020, but soon after the buzz wears off I think they will go back to standard arena tours.

Agreed, I think it'll be a new album in August just before they do the big US tour and then back to normal - Not complaining.

7 minutes ago, Jericode said:

True, but didn't they can off BMTH one year because Maiden became available or something? Don't think it would have been impossible.

I've not been download for about five years now (Maybe 4) and i look at the line up every year and its the same, nothing makes me want to go back ever,  It honestly baffles me so many people pay £250 just for tickets and camping for the same line ups every year.

7 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I've not been download for about five years now (Maybe 4) and i look at the line up every year and its the same, nothing makes me want to go back ever,  It honestly baffles me so many people pay £250 just for tickets and camping for the same line ups every year.

I don't think they've had a brand new headliner now since 2017 (I'm not counting Ozzy given they'd booked Sabbath previously), and that's after not having a new one in 2016 either.

5 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I don't think they've had a brand new headliner now since 2017 (I'm not counting Ozzy given they'd booked Sabbath previously), and that's after not having a new one in 2016 either.

Thing is people still attend and pay every year no matter what, not really any competition I suppose.