My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - 20th June

foolee

I feel like there's been alot of discussions on other threads about this so might be better to have a dedicated space now it's been announced.

My Chemical Romance - Stadium MK - Saturday 20th June

Tickets
£185.00 - VIP
£82.50 - Standing
£49.50-£93.50 - Seats 

This has given me such a headache. I've already got Rammstein tickets on that date and have been hugely looking forward to that but then this happens. 

I think I'm going to stick with Rammstein as I'm hoping that MCR will have a second date and also the fact that they're clearly releasing new material so they will be back over some other time. I hope!

Edited by Andre91

I can't make my mind up on this one. I'm one of those people who never paid them much attention when they were at their peak but they have grown on me over time. So, I never got around to seeing them before.

I already have 5 concerts booked in June and expecting to buy a few more tickets if they go ahead. 

I am not sure I want to add the cost of travel and hotel to the concert ticket especially as I have to be back in London on the 21st for Noel Gallagher and also to spend some time with my dad (fathers day) before going to the concert. Weighing things up I could probably get 2 or 3 full day concerts in London for the combined price of a MCR ticket with travel and hotel.

Do we expect this to sell out quickly? or is that a stupid question? There does seem to be a buzz about their return, I am just not sure are their fans very vocal or are there a lot of them. Or both?

£82.50 for standing. Jesus, that is pricey. Much as I'd love to be there, I'll be giving this one a miss. Hoping they return for R+L/Download in 2021.

10 minutes ago, xydroh said:

what's the capacity of MK stadium? friday is a sharp deadline to decide if I'm gonna come over from Belgium.

25,000 I believe? Actual capacity is higher, but part of the stadium behind the stage will be closed off.

Edited by Pottsy2913

I hope no one got caught out on hotel bookings. I am almost 100% sure on O2 Priority they were advertising MCR as playing the Bowl.

It's not a problem if you just reserved with pay later but if you paid outright to be near the bowl its a bit of a downer.

I sort of got the idea of them playing the Bowl as a venue but if you were going to play a stadium why pick Milton Keynes? 

8 minutes ago, Dales said:

I hope no one got caught out on hotel bookings. I am almost 100% sure on O2 Priority they were advertising MCR as playing the Bowl.

It's not a problem if you just reserved with pay later but if you paid outright to be near the bowl its a bit of a downer.

I sort of got the idea of them playing the Bowl as a venue but if you were going to play a stadium why pick Milton Keynes? 

They're only a half hour walk or 5 minutes in a taxi at least. Really not too far away from each-other.

Good idea on starting a thread as I think people who want actual reading and leeds discussion don't want to read me banging on about how excited I am for this

When this news first came out they were reforming there was talk of an academy warm up and I think one will be announced. I would want to do both that and this. Glad I booked a hotel a while back after the initial rumour as its 50% more expensive today

Yeah I honestly thought it would be the Bowl as in my head, I thought "MCR played arenas on the Black Parade and Danger Days Tours, headlined Reading, MK is potentially a UK exclusive date - surely there'd be 50-60,000 odd people who wanna go?"

That cost has caught me by surprise. Somebody I know who loves MCR said she'd happily pay VIP ticket prices if it meant she could go but as more of a casual, £84 is huge - same price to Muse, Green Day and Foo Fighters, all 3 of which I am much more familiar with. As much as I'm aware that's increasingly the going rate for a show like this, it still caught me by surprise.

Booked a hotel closer to the MK Bowl than Stadium MK but doesn't seem like it's gonna be too much trouble to get there with a taxi.

Man I hope I get tickets for this, but especially hope I get standing as I want to go mental like I'm sixteen all over again - last time I saw them was at Manchester Apollo in 2005, supported by Every Time I Die - more of that please!

I'm seeing a lot of hotel chat, but I'd recommend Big Green Coach. They pick you up in city centres and drop you home afterwards directly from the venue. They're doing it for this gig from

Birkenhead, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bridgend, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Canterbury, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Chester, Colchester, Coventry, Crawley, Dartford, Doncaster, Exeter, Glasgow, Hull, Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London (Victoria Coach Station), Manchester, Margate, Middlesbrough, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Newport, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Plymouth, Reading, Sc**thorpe, Sheffield, Southampton, Sunderland, Swansea, Swindon and Taunton.

I think it's about £30 return from Birmingham to milton keynes for Knotfest, so this should be the same price. I'd expect it to be cheaper/more expensive based on your distance from Ground Emo.

https://www.biggreencoach.co.uk/events/my-chemical-romance-tickets-coach-travel

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Booked a hotel closer to the MK Bowl than Stadium MK but doesn't seem like it's gonna be too much trouble to get there with a taxi.

Man I hope I get tickets for this, but especially hope I get standing as I want to go mental like I'm sixteen all over again - last time I saw them was at Manchester Apollo in 2005, supported by Every Time I Die - more of that please!

Yeah I'll be more devastated than I was missing out on glasto 19 tickets if I don't land these. Hotel booked ages ago

Anyone got a full list of sites selling them? I've seen See, Ticketmaster and gigs and tours all have them