Leeds vs Reading

FestivalMCR44

Hi Everyone!  In need of help. I went to Leeds fest last year and didn't particularly like it; as it was full of very young teenagers getting drugged up. I'm 21 and found it hard to find people my own age. I'm really contemplating going to Reading this year. What is everyone's experiences on them both?

Similar age here. Reading is very much more of the same. It may cost a bit more, but I stayed in the private camping area that was new for last year. Had a great experience there and will likely use the same this year.

Most of the people there tended to be slightly older which was nice. Plus, if you're lacking a bit of nightlife, you can can still go and stay with any friends camping in the normal area!

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

Similar age here. Reading is very much more of the same. It may cost a bit more, but I stayed in the private camping area that was new for last year. Had a great experience there and will likely use the same this year.

Most of the people there tended to be slightly older which was nice. Plus, if you're lacking a bit of nightlife, you can can still go and stay with any friends camping in the normal area!

Thanks for your input. This is definitely something i will be doing. Last year everyone was setting their tents on fire and causing chaos.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I've been to both Reading and Leeds several times.  Both have very young crowds.  My advice would be to choose where you camp carefully.  If you can't afford private camping then white camping at Reading has worked for us.  There tends to be older people and some families (Me and my husband are 38 and 40) camped in white and it generally seems quieter.  Only downside it takes about 40 mins to get to the arena area.

x