See Tickets coach times for 2020

gooner1990

Does anyone know the see ticket coach times from last years festival?

I tried looking via google to no avail. Just want to see what sort of time I can expect to leave Oxford on the Wednesday (and maybe where from)

Not done the coach since 2015 so perhaps things have changed.

Thanks. :)

Correct re getting ticket on bus. Some drivers  give out at the start point when first getting on board and some at the first stop.

Couldn't find any published timetable last year. Only Bristol and London are purchased with a specified time.

Manchester times last year were between 6am and 12pm. We wrote to See Tickets customer service requesting early departure.

They gave a standard response just saying when we would find out but we did get put on the 6am. No idea if my email made a difference or just coincidence. 

2 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

Just to clarify something. If you go by coach they won't send you the ticket home right? You will receive the ticket in the bus. It's what I understand as it's my first time :)

In 2015 we stopped for a toilet break at some services on the M4 and the driver handed them out then.

13 minutes ago, JaiCrispy37 said:

I got the coach from Liverpool last year and was allocated a 0600 or 0630 pick up time, I cant remember exactly but I know it was 6ish and it was early!

I'm going to England v Czech Republic in Euro 2020 the night before and I'm now worried I'll be arriving on site with a distinct lack of sleep even before the festival has started!

Just now, cheesey_toastie said:

There's a theory that seems to hold true. The earlier in the sale you got your booking through the earlier the coach time you get. 

Has been the case for us the last couple of times. (Booking went through late, got an early afternoon Manchester departure).

Would make sense the admin folks at See start at the top and fill coaches one by one. 

Yeah it's an email. You show the driver as you get on, bundle your bags underneath and then at a stop they hand you your ticket. 

One warning. Coach quality is luck of the draw and varies. As does the driver's attitude to beers on board (usually no). 

After years of driving myself the coach is actually an ok option of you can pack light and live without a trolley of beer (or get a friend to bring that down by car!)

Edited by cheesey_toastie
Typos

30 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

After years of driving myself the coach is actually an ok option of you can pack light and live without a trolley of beer (or get a friend to bring that down by car!)

I'll be taking my main rucksack and my camping chair and will get one of my mates going by car to bring my booze in!

7 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Does anyone know the see ticket coach times from last years festival?

I tried looking via google to no avail. Just want to see what sort of time I can expect to leave Oxford on the Wednesday (and maybe where from)

Not done the coach since 2015 so perhaps things have changed.

Thanks. :)

237943617_GlastoCoachtimegrB1.jpg.fb4ff2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRC_lqxE1e4kyqKuGBRnkI

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JaiCrispy37 said:

I got the coach from Liverpool last year and was allocated a 0600 or 0630 pick up time, I cant remember exactly but I know it was 6ish and it was early!

What time did you get to the festival/get through the gates?

Getting coach from Liverpool this year.

25 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

What time did you get to the festival/get through the gates?

Getting coach from Liverpool this year.

I got the 6:30 coach from Liverpool and was in by roughly 2pm I think. Think we were in the queue for about an hour and a half.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

I got the 6:30 coach from Liverpool and was in by roughly 2pm I think. Think we were in the queue for about an hour and a half.

Ah that's quite a bit later than I had in mind, that's a bit annoying. Hopefully we'll have some pals driving to get better camping spots.

First time for us this year and we were lucky enough to score tickets with the coach package.  We were even luckier and got into the ticket site early enough to have options on the ride times.  We are traveling from the states and had some flexibility but ended up picking Weds DEP 07:00 RET 04:00 from/to London.  In my over excited NA brain, I translated that to 7:00 AM leave, 4:00 PM return (because who would actually leave at 4:00 AM?)  Looking at it afterwards, I realize now that the times are 24hr format which would mean a 4:00 AM return. Not a return time that I would have picked, given other options.  My questions would be:

How strict are they on the return rides?  i.e. do they care if we show up later that morning on Monday?

If we completely bail on the return (don't really care about the money -vs- sleeping in on Mon), is it that hard to book some type of one way return to London from the festival later in the day?

Definitely a first world problem to have.  Worse case, we just won't go to bed and hang out at the festival until the original departure time.

4 hours ago, Mash2 said:

First time for us this year and we were lucky enough to score tickets with the coach package.  We were even luckier and got into the ticket site early enough to have options on the ride times.  We are traveling from the states and had some flexibility but ended up picking Weds DEP 07:00 RET 04:00 from/to London.  In my over excited NA brain, I translated that to 7:00 AM leave, 4:00 PM return (because who would actually leave at 4:00 AM?)  Looking at it afterwards, I realize now that the times are 24hr format which would mean a 4:00 AM return. Not a return time that I would have picked, given other options.  My questions would be:

How strict are they on the return rides?  i.e. do they care if we show up later that morning on Monday?

If we completely bail on the return (don't really care about the money -vs- sleeping in on Mon), is it that hard to book some type of one way return to London from the festival later in the day?

Definitely a first world problem to have.  Worse case, we just won't go to bed and hang out at the festival until the original departure time.

From what I've read on here, the return coaches are a bit of a free for all.

However yes, you can book a one way ticket with National Express on the Monday which is what I've done to get back home as home is a different place from that coach city.

11 hours ago, JaiCrispy37 said:

I think Liverpool have coaches from around 6am, 9am and 12pm. Didnt know the 6:30 am existed until I drew it last year. A bit early for me. Always had the 9:30 which is perfect. Wouldn't fancy the later one but that said I would sent my tent down with the cars and just turn up half bevvied !!