National Express questions

deepkittycaz

I'm thinking about using National Express coach to get home to Bristol after the festival, and am after some advice please :D

Previously, I've got the train there (I volunteer so have to be there on the Tuesday) and got the direct bus service back, but last time we had to carry all our gear on our laps on the bus which was incredibly uncomfortable and unpleasant. Which I really don't want to repeat. 

So, is it possible to get the NA one way only? And is our gear stored separately please? 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:38 PM, deepkittycaz said:

Thank you! What are NA queues usually like on the Monday too? 

My experience they have been pretty long! but not ridiculous, it doesn't really matter what time you have booked to return as long as you are queuing for the correct destination, everyone is just in a big line trying to get on the next bus.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 2:49 PM, jannybruck said:

Yes you can buy a one-way ticket. Just search the route you want on the website.

The coaches have luggage compartments below which the drivers open up at each stop – usually you can put in 1-2 pieces depending on the ticket. You can obviously carry on a backpack etc with you to the seating areas if you want.

Hmmmm, I've been looking on the NE website, and I'm not getting any one way options from the festival, only to it. Am I missing the right area? 

1 minute ago, deepkittycaz said:

Hmmmm, I've been looking on the NE website, and I'm not getting any one way options from the festival, only to it. Am I missing the right area? 

Don't go to their Glastonbury page as it'll restrict you to predefined options.

Just go to the main page, and do a straight search using the regular journey planner choosing Glastonbury Festival as the departure point.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Don't go to their Glastonbury page as it'll restrict you to predefined options.

Just go to the main page, and do a straight search using the regular journey planner choosing Glastonbury Festival as the departure point.

Thanks Incident, that worked! Looks like they're every 30 mins, so that's ideal! 

Anyone else raging at National Express not offering the group discount this year? Hoping to get enough people fired up that something can be done about it. £100 to get to Glasto on top of ticket price is ridiculous. I paid £66 last year. 😞 

As the environmental factor is mentioned on the Glastonbury/National Express page you would think they would be making it more affordable for all. 

Do all National Express coaches go direct to where you need to go or do some involve changing? I booked a certain return coach as it was the only direct one but didn’t realise it was a free for all. A bit misleading though as I could’ve booked a cheaper coach if I had of known. 

On 2/9/2020 at 7:29 AM, betharm said:

Anyone else raging at National Express not offering the group discount this year? Hoping to get enough people fired up that something can be done about it. £100 to get to Glasto on top of ticket price is ridiculous. I paid £66 last year. 😞 

As the environmental factor is mentioned on the Glastonbury/National Express page you would think they would be making it more affordable for all. 

£100 for one way from Newcastle? That's a bargain compared to the £74.00 direct fare from Exeter to Glastonbury, a supposedly 2 hour journey (it takes just over 75 mins by car).  

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, moams said:

Do all National Express coaches go direct to where you need to go or do some involve changing? I booked a certain return coach as it was the only direct one but didn’t realise it was a free for all. A bit misleading though as I could’ve booked a cheaper coach if I had of known. 

I booked Glastonbury to Sheffield, changing at Bristol and then agian at Birmingham, which sounds insane but is cheaper, takes about the same amount of time but also means I'm not on a coach for more than 2 hours at a time rather than going direct...Now I'm starting to think it might be a free for all so I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has caught the coach before how that might play out? 

I don't think NE is nearly as much of a free for all as the See Tickets ones.  I've only got it once but they called people for the coach that was leaving and you had to show your ticket.   I think they only allowed others on (those who had tickets for a different timed bus) if they had space after that.  

On 3/14/2020 at 7:21 PM, eiepete said:

Haven't booked a ticket this year in case the festival is cancelled...I don't no how you stand on a refund on coach tickets ..anyone know?

It says the following on their website.  
If your coach journey is cancelled directly by National Express a full refund will be issued in line with our Terms and Conditions.”

I assume if it was to be cancelled as they are event coaches not normal coaches we should get full refunds but I’m not sure.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:31 PM, Beerqueen said:

I don't think NE is nearly as much of a free for all as the See Tickets ones.  I've only got it once but they called people for the coach that was leaving and you had to show your ticket.   I think they only allowed others on (those who had tickets for a different timed bus) if they had space after that.  

Good to know (for next year) thank you