Artist on previous line ups, you wish you’d seen at the time?

Brandohoff

On 1/23/2020 at 10:00 PM, VCK said:

The Gaslight Anthem in 2009 when they were touring The '59 Sound. Got into them a couple of years later but would have loved to have seen them in that tent.

Hate to rub it in, but that’s still the best festival set I’ve ever experienced. The whole set used to be on YouTube, worth checking it out if it’s still on there! 

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2020 at 10:00 PM, VCK said:

The Gaslight Anthem in 2009 when they were touring The '59 Sound. Got into them a couple of years later but would have loved to have seen them in that tent.

A bit before my time this year but gutted I missed them in 2012, wasn't really into them then but made up for it by seeing The 59 Sound in full last year. 

There was a run in 2013 of BMTH > Frank Turner > Deftones > SOAD > Green Day which is absolutely insane to me now (maybe not so much Green Day anymore but would still check em out if I was there ) but only saw Frank, sheltered from the rain for Deftones and came back out for SOAD and Green Day. 

• 1 month later...

I was looking back at the 2016 poster earlier and there are so many bands I wish I had've seen in hindsight.

Creeper, Anteros and then Paris Youth Foundation and Airways on the Introducing on the Friday. Also wish I had've seen Twenty One Pilots here, I remember hearing stories about how mad it was, obviously not necessarily in a good way given the set had to be stopped early but it would've been cool to see them here.

On the Saturday, I wish I had've seen Blossoms, also kinda gutted I didn't see Milk Teeth as somehow I keep just missing them.

Sunday I actually planned to go and see a few bands in the morning but ended up not going into the arena until like half six lol. Probably should've seen State Champs, Virginmarys, Spring King, Deaf Havana, Roam and Ratboy. But I think by that point I would've been exhausted by music. Only did a day this year (Sunday) but it was difficult to do a full day, even it meant just having to spend some time chilling with whatever was on one of the bigger stages.

2017 I probably did more so had fewer gaps, but would've been gutted on the Friday as I pretty much stayed on main stage but that meant I had to miss Puppy, Amazons, WSTR and Boston Manor. Also for whatever reason I didn't go to the QOTSA secret set because I just decided to wait for Kasabian which is now a big regret. I wish I had've gone to the Wolf Alice secret set on the saturday morning too, remember a couple of my mates telling me to come with them but I ended up not. Should've fleshed out my day a bit by doing Pretty Reckless, Marmozets, PVRIS, and Vukovi before Frank Carter, then fit in Everything Everything before Eminem (although I remember coming out of Frank Carter a bit banged up and struggling through Sundara Karma and Korn 😂. The Sunday definitely has one of my biggest regrets in not seeing Don Broco and Architects. Also would've been cool to see Pale White on the introducing tbh.

2008- Florence on the FR stage

2011- The Streets on the NME stage. Got into them just after this, after they’d split.

2012- Alt-J on the FR would’ve been cool, the year before they headlined the NME which clashed with Eminem so I missed that too

2013- Wish I’d stayed for more of CHVRCHES set. Left after the third song to watch Skrillex

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 11:16 AM, Brandohoff said:

Looking back at previous lineups from Reading Leeds festivals that you’ve been too,who do you wish you’d seen at the time? 

For me Ed Sheeran 2011 would of been interesting.

Catfish in the festival republic tent 2014 would of been big. The same with chvrches and the 1975 in 2013. Sam fender 2018

Proper Flex, I saw Muse in 99 and it was already the 3rd time Id seen them that year

On 1/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, Superunknown said:

A bit before my time this year but gutted I missed them in 2012, wasn't really into them then but made up for it by seeing The 59 Sound in full last year. 

There was a run in 2013 of BMTH > Frank Turner > Deftones > SOAD > Green Day which is absolutely insane to me now (maybe not so much Green Day anymore but would still check em out if I was there ) but only saw Frank, sheltered from the rain for Deftones and came back out for SOAD and Green Day. 

Yeah I wish I'd done that one but found the money for a sub too much

On 2/1/2020 at 7:21 PM, Matt42 said:

I was there at his introducing stage secret set. Got an absolutely huge crowd.

Some mates who did the whole weekend said they did catch it but they were more up for Pete Doherty after.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:22 PM, Matt42 said:

When I got my ticket for 2011 I was really disappointed with the lineup. I guess things look stronger in retrospect.

I said that above - I was happy to make a day trip there on the Sunday as I was so stoked for Muse doing Origin in full, but the Saturday main-stage exclusively contains bands I've since seen live except Pulp, which I'm really gutted about as I love Different Class.

I did enjoy seeing the JARV IS stuff at APE last year, so there's that.

Also, one of the first festival sets I saw on TV was AM at Reading 2009 and I thought they were really good even though a lot of people at the time said otherwise. That would've been cool, primarily as I really like Humbug. And probably less frosty than Kings of Leon the night before trying to fall out with the crowd.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 8:26 PM, dum surfer said:

Travis Scott in 2018, it started raining a little bit so me and my mates just sat in the tent till nothing but thieves came on. Big mistake, regret that one quite a bit

He was unreal honestly. I was there from halfway through the Kooks (Wasn’t planning to be, was gonna go La Dispute but met a nice girl during Front Bottoms so tagged along with her for a bit haha) so got a great spot down the front. He was much better than when he headlined Wireless last year, way better setlist too. 

• Like 1