Glastonbury Theatre and Circus Fields are commissioning 6 new shows for the Glastonbury Festival 2020

Dukeicon

Theatre and Circus have had and update to their page on the GF website, looking for new commissions for 2020. Applications open now until 3rd February 2020.

Glastonbury Theatre and Circus Fields are commissioning 6 new shows for the Glastonbury Festival 2020. Glastonbury Theatre and Circus Arts Commissions are offering seed money for performers who are now ready to take on their own work, with funding from Glastonbury Festivals Events Limited and the Arts Council.

We are looking for some new experiences and shows for our audiences that are spectacular and brave, and that work well with the creative atmosphere and scale of the Festival.

We will shortlist mid-February 2020 when we may contact the short-listed applicants, and will reply to all applicants as soon as possible. Finalists will be announced at the end of February 2020. This project is funding pending until the point of finalists being announced.

We will utilise the massive infrastructure of the Festival to stage these shows. We will mentor the selected commissions in their planning and creation prior to, and throughout the Festival. We will also support in taking the shows to a wider audience in the time after the festival.

Outdoor Installation
– The first is £3,500 for an outdoor interactive installation to run throughout the 4 days of the Theatre & Circus Fields at the Festival. It could be something that is installed for the 4 days, or something that is set-up each day, or even something with no set-up. A large amount of audience should be able to participate in this (upwards of 250 per day) and it should be as weather proof as possible.

Outdoor show
– The second is £5,000 for an outdoor show to run throughout the 4 days of the Theatre & Circus Fields at the Festival. It could be something that is either on the wall at the Festival for the 4 days, or something that is set-up each day, or even something with no set-up. and it should be as weather proof as possible.

Large Scale Circus Show
– The third is £6,000 for a large-scale circus show for the big top to be performed on three -four days of the Festival. This show should have at least 3 performers, be at least 30 minutes long and contain a high skill level. The budget should include lighting and sound design. This show should also be given a showing prior to the festival. We will provide you with a directorial outside eye on this commission and production skills mentoring.

Small Circus Show
– The fourth is £1,500 for a show for three – four days of the Festival in the circus big top, it should be between 8 and 15 minutes long, contain a high skill level and be able to have an impact on the 1,000 + audience that will see it.

Street Theatre/ walkabout Show commissions
– The fifth and sixth is £1,250 each for a street theatre show to be performed for 3 days of the Festival. It should be able to run for 2 x 45 minute slots per day, but the performance timings should be tailored to the piece whilst making the best use of the opportunity to play with and to our audiences. This show will have to work in wet weather.

Full Info & How to Apply: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/theatre-circus/glastonbury-theatre-circus-arts-commissions-2020/

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Putting forward my walkabout idea for a drunk 50+ festival goer wandering about looking confused.

Sounds like the old port-a-rave at Reading festival only without a boom box.

edit: or those silent disco’s you see wandering around Edinburgh during the Fringe.

Edited by Bisque

Every year we vow to spend a bit more time in the T and C fields but never quite manage it mainly due to the pull of the incredible choice of music elsewhere. Then  get home, view the tv coverage and we see what we missed! Going to make a special effort this year especially with the news of new commissions etc . The beauty of Glastonbury, so much choice! 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Every year we vow to spend a bit more time in the T and C fields but never quite manage it mainly due to the pull of the incredible choice of music elsewhere. Then  get home, view the tv coverage and we see what we missed! Going to make a special effort this year especially with the news of new commissions etc . The beauty of Glastonbury, so much choice! 

I spend as little time in there as possible as I have fear of becoming an exhibit .... seriously though I must spend more time there ... I dont ever stop as it usually just a route somewhere else ... but the walking exhibits always make me chuckle :) 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I spend as little time in there as possible as I have fear of becoming an exhibit .... seriously though I must spend more time there ... I dont ever stop as it usually just a route somewhere else ... but the walking exhibits always make me chuckle :) 

BE8CF35F-6B94-4C25-B489-D32D50D52CD0.thumb.jpeg.ec2a14d88ccad64f52086d73fa22ab89.jpeg

theres only took for one mad hatter! 

• Like 1