Queue Times

Jack.194

Hey,

My group arrived on Tuesday night for last years Glastonbury, and queued through the night to avoid long queues.

We’re considering arriving Wednesday morning at around 6am this time, what are the queue times usually like for anyone who arrives at this sort of time?

Thanks!

It can be dependent on a few things: the gate, the weather, the security etc. 

I can only speak from personal experience, I have arrived on the Wednesday around 7am before, it took maybe 3 to 4 hours to get in on Gate D. I couldn't come down till later last year, but my friends were in the queue for 5.30am and sent me a picture of the tent pitched on Park Home around 10.30am.

Bit more info in Part 2:

http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq

Edited by vintagelaureate

10 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Hey,

My group arrived on Tuesday night for last years Glastonbury, and queued through the night to long queues.

Sounds like you endured the long queue last year! Queuing through the night necessary if you want to bag the most popular camp spots but not for other areas.

The last time we arrived at 6am it took us 4 hrs to get in at Gate A. In 2017 we arrived 1pm, queued for 45mins and still bagged our preferred site; again using Gate A.

Edited by Lycra

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Queued at gate A in 2017 for over four hours on Wednesday morning from about 6am. Really hot and was glad of the toilets placed in the field. Wasn’t too bad apart from the guy with the guitar deciding he would endlessly play and sing Wonderwall

247DED88-EB5C-4519-94CE-942B78C56F83.thumb.jpeg.7041fd05f6417cd5f9d141dc4dbc4197.jpeg 

Actual hell

From what I know, if you're going the night before, you need to be in the first like big batch of people to be the 'first ones' in. Or you'll still be queuing for a bit. 2017 arrived at 7-8 and were in by about 10am Gate B. Last year I arrived around 10am and got in a little before midday (I think). Gate A. 

I don't think I'd ever do the overnight queue, couldn't put the risk factor of terrible weather/bad night sleep just to get in an hour or two before everyone else. 

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

Hmmm...

Staggered back to my tent about 2am Wednesday morning and could not believe the amount of people queuing at PGB! 

Crazy behaviour! 

Gate A for public transport goers was brilliantly organised last year, split into three lanes (shuttle, coaches and See coaches). My strategy was to arrive via the drop off shuffle before any of the coaches started to get there, which meant I got there at about 4:45am. I was sixth in the shuttle queue. Sixth! Couldn’t believe it. There were a few in the coaches lane at that time but nobody in the See coaches lane for about another hour. 

29A3FA0F-AB9A-4E7C-8126-4747EEC9DECD.jpeg.2dce6c5ea146ebe62035b38b07b92a46.jpeg

Gate A also opened a good half an hour before any other gate and got an in-person welcome from Michael Eavis. I ended up at Pennards before anyone else got there and was staring at an empty field. Surreal. 

6DBD7B18-5006-4D76-9190-B9409129AFCC.jpeg.db96e9b082fd2b1dc187bbcdbd0d09df.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Usually get to Gate A Wednesday around 5am and put up with the several hour wait. Foolishly hit the booze too hard on the way down this year and had a slight comedown waiting for the gates to open. 

Thinking back, that’s when the excitement truly begins when you’re edging closer and closer to the festival looking through the fields. Then you finally get a glimpse of the Glastonbury sign as the light is just starting to roll in - roll on June!

47 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Usually get to Gate A Wednesday around 5am and put up with the several hour wait. Foolishly hit the booze too hard on the way down this year and had a slight comedown waiting for the gates to open. 

Thinking back, that’s when the excitement truly begins when you’re edging closer and closer to the festival looking through the fields. Then you finally get a glimpse of the Glastonbury sign as the light is just starting to roll in - roll on June!

Got to the orange car park In 2017;at about two in the morning after driving straight down from Scotland , parked close to the wee bridge. Had a look at the gate A queue and there was already a smallish queue so decided to kip down in the car. Really warm night and woke up at six with the queue snaking along the side of the stream, ended up taking 4 hours to get in. Last year did worthy view, must admit it was great just straight in as soon as gates opened at 8 and was down on site within a few hours soaking up the atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Gate A for public transport goers was brilliantly organised last year, split into three lanes (shuttle, coaches and See coaches). My strategy was to arrive via the drop off shuffle before any of the coaches started to get there, which meant I got there at about 4:45am. I was sixth in the shuttle queue. Sixth! Couldn’t believe it. There were a few in the coaches lane at that time but nobody in the See coaches lane for about another hour. 

29A3FA0F-AB9A-4E7C-8126-4747EEC9DECD.jpeg.2dce6c5ea146ebe62035b38b07b92a46.jpeg

Gate A also opened a good half an hour before any other gate and got an in-person welcome from Michael Eavis. I ended up at Pennards before anyone else got there and was staring at an empty field. Surreal. 

6DBD7B18-5006-4D76-9190-B9409129AFCC.jpeg.db96e9b082fd2b1dc187bbcdbd0d09df.jpeg

Love the fact Michael Eavis welcomed you in! Awesome!

5 hours ago, Lycra said:

Sounds like you endured the long queue last year! Queuing through the night necessary if you want to bag the most popular camp spots but not for other areas.

The last time we arrived at 6am it took us 4 hrs to get in at Gate A. In 2017 we arrived 1pm, queued for 45mins and still bagged our preferred site; again using Gate A.

It's just not. Get there at 6, you can camp wherever you need to be! 😊

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Queued at gate A in 2017 for over four hours on Wednesday morning from about 6am. Really hot and was glad of the toilets placed in the field. Wasn’t too bad apart from the guy with the guitar deciding he would endlessly play and sing Wonderwall

247DED88-EB5C-4519-94CE-942B78C56F83.thumb.jpeg.7041fd05f6417cd5f9d141dc4dbc4197.jpeg 

To this day I will never understand the phenomenon that is taking your own acoustic guitar to a festival