Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Except for the obvious what are other ways you can get unpaid work at Glastonbury festival or does anyone here have any links. Its due to be the week after i finish my Alevels and couldnt get tickets in the og sale but absolutely need to be there somehow. Any advice would be great! Thanks :)) 

rsz_optimized-20190629_230010.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Isaac LK said:

Except for the obvious what are other ways you can get unpaid work at Glastonbury festival or does anyone here have any links. Its due to be the week after i finish my Alevels and couldnt get tickets in the og sale but absolutely need to be there somehow. Any advice would be great! Thanks :)) 

rsz_optimized-20190629_230010.jpg

should be some help :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

should be some help :) 

Thank you but this is part of 'the obvious' along with water aid and greenpeace. Ive signed up for all 3 but i know they all will be oversubscribed so need backups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Isaac LK said:

Thank you but this is part of 'the obvious' along with water aid and greenpeace. Ive signed up for all 3 but i know they all will be oversubscribed so need backups

theres bits and pieces in there that won't be so obvious .... or on the 2019 thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Isaac LK said:

Thank you but this is part of 'the obvious' along with water aid and greenpeace. Ive signed up for all 3 but i know they all will be oversubscribed so need backups

Like @crazyfool1says, it’s all in the 2019 and 2020 threads. Even doctor places end up mentioned in the thread

Edited by March Hare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking to volunteer in 2020. I volunteered in 2005 and 2008 with the smaller local charities affiliated with the fire stawarding crews but know that it has long since grown into bigger operations..... 

So as far as I can see from the main options available are:

Water Aid - toilet volunteering open from feb 4th - not currently an option for us as the mandatory face-to-face training all takes place before June 6th (we arrive in the UK on June 11th)

Oxfam volunteers - lots of different stewarding roles across site, applications open some time soon, not sure of a deadline? is face to face training required? 

Shelter - bar staff volunteers - deadline last year was 29th March 

Festaff - applications open for Glastonbury 1st March but you must also volunteer at another festaff event such as Kendal Calling or Creamfields before they give you your money back to volunteer at Glastonbury. Does anyone know about the Festaff training? 

Samaritans - as far as I can see they only take on people who are currently volunteering with them and have completed the full training etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ness_smiles said:

Oxfam volunteers - lots of different stewarding roles across site, applications open some time soon, not sure of a deadline? is face to face training required?

Lots of places available only one role really (working gates). Opens 4th Feb. No deadline because it's first come first served (places may open up later due to dropouts but can't rely on that). Both face to face and online training sessions available, Having done both online is fine but I'd recommend doing face to face if it's an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...