Brit Awards 2020

Mattymooz

41 minutes ago, Quark said:

I know what you mean. No one's royally embarrassed themselves or caused carnage. In a normal world we'd be happy about that; instead I feel robbed

Yes. Sorry this was the angle I was going for. The whole evening seemed to be centred on Lizzo, Harry Styles & Jack Whitehall.

Who’s better...? Whitehall or Corden?

Just now, ClementsMike said:

Yeah me too. I can’t see long term success I’m afraid. She seemed unable to really deliver it live tonight bar the gimmicks and she actually had nothing in the chat. I’m out. 

She can't sing. Sorry. I've tried to get into her mostly because of the hype she gets on here but the handful of live performances I've seen of her, her voice is terrible. Each to their own of course.

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Am I the only one on here who thinks Lizzo is pretty shit? I just don't get it.

I missed her at Glastonbury but I haven't heard a bad word said about her set. I get the impression it's more of a woke love-in than top shelf music, but if you leave happy, who's complaining?

11 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

My prediction for the winners:

Album - Psychodrama by Dave

Song - Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi

Male Solo - Stormzy

Female Solo - Mabel

British Group - Foals

New Artist - Lewis Capaldi

International Male Solo - Dermot Kennedy

International Female Solo - Billie Eilish

Almost nailed this, didn't see the Tyler win coming.

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I missed her at Glastonbury but I haven't heard a bad word said about her set. I get the impression it's more of a woke love-in than top shelf music, but if you leave happy, who's complaining?

Yeh true, only read good reviews about that. Suppose it's more about the energy and message rather than her singing ability and indeed if it makes people happy...

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Why?

She's had a fair bit of online abuse recently. She said some admittedly really stupid things about hip hop which she got a lot of grief for, and people still constantly bang on about her being an "industry plant" - I'd assume that's what she's referring to.

Edited by MaxPower