Production Pass

Sam_Sharp22

11 hours ago, Sam_Sharp22 said:

Hey Guys, really random question sorry, where can you go with a production pass? will it get you on the main stages etc? Thanks in advance!!

There is various production passes but most are within certain areas - the pass that allows the most access is the AAA Pass { stand for Access All Areas } and in my 30+ years working at Glastonbury I have only ever met one person who had one and who does post occasionally on Efest. He had it as he was working with the main tent supplier.

9 hours ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Surely if you need to ask you shouldn’t have one Or have  access to one.

Super answer - in various years I would have a crew Guest wrist band to the area that used to be called ' The Backstage Compound ' { which is now called ' Interstage ' } - at one of the gates to get in there would always be some people asking Security ' does this pass get me into here ?'

Clearly if they need to ask then its doubtful it was  the correct pass but one year because a Van was leaving The Backstage Compound some people did manage to slip in - I did not notice at first but then my phone rang and stopped to try and hear it ' it was then I noticed 6 or 7 others behind me who also stopped ' - I walked on a bit and then stopped again and this lot stopped as well so it was clear they had not a fucking clue where the correct path is - I walked back and advised them to walk though the Guest camping { this is a few years ago } so I showed them where that was because if they kept on the path I was walking they would run into a second security point - They were in the right place at the right time although its very rare that its so easy.

Edited by glasto-worker
error

Ditto. It depends who issues it. If you work in The Park you get a Park pass. If you work in Acoustic, you get an acoustic pass. If you for for T&C...... etc. 

There are exceptions of course for staff of BBC, site crew (water, electric, bins, sewage, fire, scaffolding etc). 

Often you will accrue many passes as required and end up with a whole armful. This is much more important after the punters arrive Wednesday morning and the backyard lockdowns are tightened up. 

Tell us what you do / need to know?

15 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

the pass that allows the most access is the AAA Pass { stand for Access All Areas } and in my 30+ years working at Glastonbury I have only ever met one person who had one and who does post occasionally on Efest. He had it as he was working with the main tent supplier.

The only AAA pass I've ever seen was round the neck of Melvin Benn when he was the licencee. I'm sure I read somewhere once that there's only of them 5 issued.

The next-best pass I've seen is a BAA pass - Backstage All Areas.  This was round the neck of the very-big-boss who used to run Jazzworld (now West Holts).

Most production passes are limited to just one stage area, as almost all production staff are working for one specific area.

Edited by eFestivals

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The only AAA pass I've ever seen was round the neck of Melvin Benn when he was the licencee. I'm sure I read somewhere once that there's only of them 5 issued.

The next-best pass I've seen is a BAA pass - Backstage All Areas.  This was round the neck of the very-big-boss who used to run Jazzworld (now West Holts).

Most production passes are limited to just one stage area, as almost all production staff are working for one specific area.

Stupid question but do Michael and Emily need or carry passes? There's bound to be lots of security who have no idea who they are 

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

What about Michael and Emily? Do they not need such passes, instead relying on their faces?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Stupid question but do Michael and Emily need or carry passes? There's bound to be lots of security who have no idea who they are 

No idea. I don';t think I've ever noticed Michael with a pass the many times I've seen him there.

As far as i can recall I've only bumped into Emily once at the fest (nearly 20 years ago), and can't remember if she did or didn't.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm guessing Nick has one - he's pretty much the number 3 of the whole operation and is fairly anonymous. 

that 5 number might pre-date Nick's involvement.

But Nick might not actually need a AAA pass. As far as i'm aware he doesn't have a site-wide role.

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No idea. I don';t think I've ever noticed Michael with a pass the many times I've seen him there.

As far as i can recall I've only bumped into Emily once at the fest (nearly 20 years ago), and can't remember if she did or didn't.

I bumped into Emily in 2007 and the only thing I noticed was that she was wearing Hunters.

I imagine Emily and Michael do wear them. Michael mentions in the book about being stopped by a security guard who didn't recognise him, so I bet they do if just to make it easier getting through the major checkpoints.

Edited by jparx

Just now, jparx said:

I imagine Emily and Michael do wear them. Michael mentions in the book about being stopped by a security guard who didn't recognise him, so I bet they have if just to make it easier getting through the major checkpoints.

I imagine they have passes, but they might not have them on display as most of the staff do. Their faces are probably enough most of the time.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not forgetting she might browse occasionally :) 

I didn't say she was ugly.

In all seriousness, I was pretty starstruck and chatted for a bit about the festival and didn't notice anything about her other than her wellies and how charming and enthusiastic about the whole thing she was.

I wish I'd looked out for passes so that I could be useful on a forum 12 and half years later.

39 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

I remember seeing Emily on Thursday during that extinction rebellion thing and she definitely had a pass with her. There’s no way everybody recognizes them and nobody has time to argue with security during the event. 

cant really imagine any issues with passes if Emily didnt carry them ... a quick radio call or google search would clear up any issues almost immediately ... and security dont seem to work alone ..... A quick look on google and I can see Emily with lanyards and the mini guide  but cant see the passes .. but in other photos she has nothing around her neck