16 hours ago, Big durbs said:

thought it might make life a bit easier for relationships to be built up ect , and you would have a pool of willing helpers ready to assign to groups .

Not a bad idea this, to evenly distribute the help. Sounds good.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got 99 problems but the spreadsheet ain't one... 99 days to the general resale so it seems as good as time as any!  Please see the attached link for the resale spreadsheet, it is only ope

After a little flurry of emails, the spreadsheet is updated as of now. On it we have: @crazyfool1, @vintagelaureate, @Charm, @flyleen, @yehbutnobut, @semmtexx, @Superscally, @BlueDaze, @JacobCMar

Ok everyone the RESALE SPREADSHEET is now CLOSED to new applicants but will remain open for any necessary updates .. we have the most important task now ... to gather help from far and wide and show f

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bovla said:

Not a bad idea this, to evenly distribute the help. Sounds good.

Fair point ... but in reality people might help people they are more comfortable with in terms of payment ... groups setting up something like a prepay account and all paying in amounts so the balance is ready to go is helpful if 2 groups of 2 have been teamed up 

Yeah I suggested this a week or 2 back. Without wanting to make extra work for @vintagelaureate. May be handy to see who is helping who. I think a lot of people have already agreed to help certain members but I’d be happy to be assigned a second group to try for if we manage to get VL and @Charm tickets from my first group.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Fair point ... but in reality people might help people they are more comfortable with in terms of payment ... groups setting up something like a prepay account and all paying in amounts so the balance is ready to go is helpful if 2 groups of 2 have been teamed up 

Yeah that's a fair, I think most people on here are trustworthy but maybe that's a mistake 🧐

On 2/11/2020 at 2:14 PM, Ben_Monk said:

Thanks for adding me on the list! @Fearless_Fish - it looks like we're teammates... and thanks for the heartwarming helpers, we need you! I really don't want to miss out on a fifth Glasto in a row through my sheer terrible luck.

And now I've got excited two months before the resale... typical

@Ben_Monk Are you feeling lucky? Well are ya??

• Like 1

Three friends confirmed this week they won't be trying for tickets in the resale - which is good news (kind of, obviously a shame they don't want to come!) for several reasons:

• Three more uncontested tickets for us all to fight over
  • They'll be trying for our group on the spreadsheet
  • Some other friends who may have had divided loyalties will now definitely be trying for us

Just have to hope we don't get an amazing band announcement that makes them change their mind 😂

1 minute ago, plot2pot said:

Three friends confirmed this week they won't be trying for tickets in the resale - which is good news (kind of, obviously a shame they don't want to come!) for several reasons:

• Three more uncontested tickets for us all to fight over
  • They'll be trying for our group on the spreadsheet
  • Some other friends who may have had divided loyalties will now definitely be trying for us

Just have to hope we don't get an amazing band announcement that makes them change their mind 😂

Maybe you can talk them into trying for a group either side of you on the spreadsheet? Should you get lucky of course :) 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Maybe you can talk them into trying for a group either side of you on the spreadsheet? Should you get lucky of course :) 

I'll certainly be asking everyone who's trying to do that! Oh, and I think you mean when we get lucky 😀

1 minute ago, plot2pot said:

I'll certainly be asking everyone who's trying to do that! Oh, and I think you mean when we get lucky 😀

excellent of course  .... theres only one 3 pyramid shaped things I like .... the hat , the spreadsheet , and the one in the field :) 

been having a chat with @vintagelaureate about shutting the spreadsheet to new applicants at the end of this month to allow associations / friendships to be formed .... any comments or objections ? we can then focus on getting some help ... and vintage can have a well deserved rest for a bit :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

been having a chat with @vintagelaureate about shutting the spreadsheet to new applicants at the end of this month to allow associations / friendships to be formed .... any comments or objections ? we can then focus on getting some help ... and vintage can have a well deserved rest for a bit :) 

Like the idea, sounds good

With the spreadsheet closing soon .... we have 120 names on there currently ..... if every team brings along an additional 4 helpers ... for some maybe this isn't possible ... but id hope so .... we could (potentially ) have 480 people helping to get people on the farm ..... this is without the numerous fantastic people who have offered their time to help on resale day ..... now if those people all help on bus resale day we could bring those numbers to more favourable levels should we manage to secure some tickets from that .... and of course some will have more helping them than those numbers ... everyone I would hope can bring at least one person onboard I dont think thats outrageous ...some thoughts to hopefully get some people motivating the troops ... 

With the spreadsheet closing soon .... we have 120 names on there currently ..... if every team brings along an additional 4 helpers ... for some maybe this isn't possible ... but id hope so .... we could (potentially ) have 480 people helping to get people on the farm ..... this is without the numerous fantastic people who have offered their time to help on resale day ..... now if those people all help on bus resale day we could bring those numbers to more favourable levels should we manage to secure some tickets from that .... and of course some will have more helping them than those numbers ... everyone I would hope can bring at least one person onboard I dont think thats outrageous ...some thoughts to hopefully get some people motivating the troops ... 

With those sorts of stats , I think we should have a high success rate , it feels me with joy that this years resale crew are the best organised for years . I would hope that all the people trying for general sale will help the bus resale, as you say , that should bring the numbers down trying for general sale , then the reciprocal to help with the general sale , I will be shocked if we don’t get greater than a 75% success with all the helpers and crew .

4 sounds reasonable I think, and with those stats there's reason to be optimistic

6 minutes ago, Bovla said:

4 sounds reasonable I think, and with those stats there's reason to be optimistic

The important thing being that everyone brings those kind of numbers along and everyone is willing to help the others on the spreadsheet and has access to it ... I know ( im realistic) that it won't happen in all cases .... and it is of course going to be tough .... but everyone starting to mobilise the numbers now is important 

A few members on the spreadsheet haven't checked in recently .... just checking everything ok and you want to remain on there and part of the team .... hoping that people have started pairing up by now .... @flyleen @JacobCMarshall @clucking @wweerr208 @ionicmoose @Monie802.... 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I should have about a team of 12 helping me including some international help if that makes any difference. They will of course be given details of the spreadsheet to help others. 

Awesome ... good effort there :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Awesome ... good effort there :) 

12 is my conservative estimate as i know a few people have other friends that they are looking for as well. But there is the 4 in our group. 2 friends who got us tickets last year, the husband and Mum of 2 of the people in my group, the boyfriend of one of the others, my boss and my colleagues in Barcelona (5), one of my good friends and her husband, She has said her best friend and husband will try for us as well. 3 or 4 other friends have said they will help as well so I'll just need to nudge them nearer the time. We might even be able to get some colleagues in Russia and Ukraine to help as well depending on time difference although they never seem to sleep!! 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

12 is my conservative estimate as i know a few people have other friends that they are looking for as well. But there is the 4 in our group. 2 friends who got us tickets last year, the husband and Mum of 2 of the people in my group, the boyfriend of one of the others, my boss and my colleagues in Barcelona (5), one of my good friends and her husband, She has said her best friend and husband will try for us as well. 3 or 4 other friends have said they will help as well so I'll just need to nudge them nearer the time. We might even be able to get some colleagues in Russia and Ukraine to help as well depending on time difference although they never seem to sleep!! 

I’ve got some decent numbers too closest friends trying for spreadsheet after mine ... I think trying to get people to turn it green is the important thing so the people that get in don’t waste too much time trying for already successful ones... it’s the best prepared one I’ve seen in my time on here but it definately needs to be ... I’m going to have a live device with the spreadsheet showing so I can be seeing it update in real time 

23 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

The important thing being that everyone brings those kind of numbers along and everyone is willing to help the others on the spreadsheet and has access to it ... I know ( im realistic) that it won't happen in all cases .... and it is of course going to be tough .... but everyone starting to mobilise the numbers now is important 

Definitely, strength in numbers, I'll have at least 10 helping the two of us that are in the spreadsheet. Hoping to recruit more as we get closer.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve got some decent numbers too closest friends trying for spreadsheet after mine ... I think trying to get people to turn it green is the important thing so the people that get in don’t waste too much time trying for already successful ones... it’s the best prepared one I’ve seen in my time on here but it definately needs to be ... I’m going to have a live device with the spreadsheet showing so I can be seeing it update in real time 

This is hopefully going to be the most heartwarming thing, seeing all the hard work pay off. Thanks again for sorting/organising/mobilising!

2 hours ago, Bovla said:

Definitely, strength in numbers, I'll have at least 10 helping the two of us that are in the spreadsheet. Hoping to recruit more as we get closer.

hopefully you mean the group of 4 that you are in ? :) .... @vintagelaureate has done all the hard work ... im just tying some loose ends together and praying it pays off :) 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

hopefully you mean the group of 4 that you are in ? :) .... @vintagelaureate has done all the hard work ... im just tying some loose ends together and praying it pays off :) 

Ha yes, sorry, poor wording. I mean they agreed to help the 2 of us so will be trying for our whole group! Well huge thanks to @vintagelaureate as well then 😁