The Resale Spreadsheet

vintagelaureate

42 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

It’s mega heartwarming and I doff my hat to the incredible hard work put in by @vintagelaureate and @crazyfool1 for creating the spreadsheet of hopes and dreams ( most importantly success  ). And keeping everyone’s spirits high , it’s got to be the best and well organised resale club EVER . It’s so uplifting to see and a true manifestation of the glasto spirit. It’s all about numbers and multiple unique connections, we have that in spades , but always room for more help and connections. Let’s paint that spread sheet green like the hallowed green gates of Glastonbury.

i have Mrs Big D and the kids ( don’t worry, they are all 20yr old plus )  trying from the big D homestead, I will be opening my office to try from there with one of my engineers on the recently upgraded broadband (550mb) .

come in guys . We have SO GOT THIS!

Cheers big d ... hopefully the time invested will pay off for us and the team ... just meant a few more posts on efests this year .. but can’t really complain about that :) I’ve got a couple of tips I’ll share amongst the resale crew closer to the time that have helped some on here before :) 

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

Cheers @Big durbs - it's strange for me being in this position, even more so for @crazyfool1 I imagine, but some one has to go to resale so just got to pull together! 

I’m not actually sure wether I’ve been resale or not before or if it’s been friends .. but I’ve definately got them in resale (secret resale ) when they existed ... won tickets with western daily press and won a chance to buy tickets as well ... so I’m pretty close to calling bingo now :) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I was ticketless in 17 , I never did get in , but the “ secret resale “ group on here kept me going with support, but .... and more importantly there was no organised resale spread sheet , so it was more emotional support which was second to none , but this year is very different, better organised with a definitive plan 🙂 

You feel our pain then! Not been here before (guess I've been pretty lucky so far!) most definitely hoping it's only a temporary membership to this club! No reflection on the esteemed and lovely members! 👍

11 hours ago, Big durbs said:

It’s mega heartwarming and I doff my hat to the incredible hard work put in by @vintagelaureate and @crazyfool1 for creating the spreadsheet of hopes and dreams ( most importantly success  ). And keeping everyone’s spirits high , it’s got to be the best and well organised resale club EVER . It’s so uplifting to see and a true manifestation of the glasto spirit. It’s all about numbers and multiple unique connections, we have that in spades , but always room for more help and connections. Let’s paint that spread sheet green like the hallowed green gates of Glastonbury.

i have Mrs Big D and the kids ( don’t worry, they are all 20yr old plus )  trying from the big D homestead, I will be opening my office to try from there with one of my engineers on the recently upgraded broadband (550mb) .

come in guys . We have SO GOT THIS!

Oh here it comes, the hope, the excitement, I can't bear it! 😵

13 hours ago, Big durbs said:

i really do feel your pain , which i why i am doing all i can to help ( even though i have tickets ), i think the worse thing about 17 was it was followed by a fallow year , so went from 16 to 19 😞 . but i did get to go to the pilton party which was a small benefit of living quite close and making some great contacts within GF  

Much appreciated! 😊👍

Thinking about the question of trust. Lots of people have been on here a long time and lots of the people in the spreadsheet are gold members - so probably good for the money (though a grand is a lot of trust on a somewhat unknown internet friend!) Some of you lot have met up in real life that clearly helps a lot. If (when?!) I'm lucky in the resale I'm planning on turning around and going for the next person/group down on the spreadsheet and trying for them (that's the general plan isn't it?) I'm lucky enough that I've got the space on a credit card so good for the day. Clearly very few of us could afford to loose a grand if the person doesn't pay for the tickets but, looking through the terms and conditions, you can still get a refund after April? Right up to May it seems? Assuming it's me who gets through then I guess there's the option of cancelling the tickets and getting a refund if the other person refuses to pay? OK so there's still a loss in the non refundable bit but not as bad as a it could be? Or do I read this wrong? This seems pretty helpful to the trust part? Or have I just been wing commander state the bleedin' obvious!!!??? 😝

Of course there is the part about giving those payment details out to the other person but that's another question!!

From the glasto website:

Tickets are non-refundable after 7th May 2020 and always non-transferable. From October 2019 you may reserve a ticket for Glastonbury Festival (hereafter “the Festival”) with a deposit of £50. The full balance is due by April 7th 2020. If the balance is not paid by the applicable deadline then the amount you have paid less a £25 administration fee will be repaid to you. If you pay for your ticket in full by the applicable deadline but cancel by 23:59 on 7th May 2020 you will be reimbursed the value of your ticket less the £25 administration fee. After 23:59 7th May 2020, no refunds will be made other than in the event of the cancellation of the Festival. Booking fees and postage and packing charges are non-refundable.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Thinking about the question of trust. Lots of people have been on here a long time and lots of the people in the spreadsheet are gold members - so probably good for the money (though a grand is a lot of trust on a somewhat unknown internet friend!) Some of you lot have met up in real life that clearly helps a lot. If (when?!) I'm lucky in the resale I'm planning on turning around and going for the next person/group down on the spreadsheet and trying for them (that's the general plan isn't it?) I'm lucky enough that I've got the space on a credit card so good for the day. Clearly very few of us could afford to loose a grand if the person doesn't pay for the tickets but, looking through the terms and conditions, you can still get a refund after April? Right up to May it seems? Assuming it's me who gets through then I guess there's the option of cancelling the tickets and getting a refund if the other person refuses to pay? OK so there's still a loss in the non refundable bit but not as bad as a it could be? Or do I read this wrong? This seems pretty helpful to the trust part? Or have I just been wing commander state the bleedin' obvious!!!??? 😝

Of course there is the part about giving those payment details out to the other person but that's another question!!

From the glasto website:

Tickets are non-refundable after 7th May 2020 and always non-transferable. From October 2019 you may reserve a ticket for Glastonbury Festival (hereafter “the Festival”) with a deposit of £50. The full balance is due by April 7th 2020. If the balance is not paid by the applicable deadline then the amount you have paid less a £25 administration fee will be repaid to you. If you pay for your ticket in full by the applicable deadline but cancel by 23:59 on 7th May 2020 you will be reimbursed the value of your ticket less the £25 administration fee. After 23:59 7th May 2020, no refunds will be made other than in the event of the cancellation of the Festival. Booking fees and postage and packing charges are non-refundable.

yep think you're making sense!!! the non refundable loss is just a sacrifice for your kindness...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ben_Monk said:

yep think you're making sense!!! the non refundable loss is just a sacrifice for your kindness...

Well, worst case scenario - if the non refundable money goes to Glastonbury (and I've read they resell the tickets, or spaces, to other places such as corporate etc so that part isn't lost) then I'll consider it a charitable donation! Not that I think the good folks on the resale spreadsheet would do such a thing! 

Edited by semmtexx

Just now, semmtexx said:

Well I guess if the non refundable money goes to Glastonbury (and I've read they resell the tickets, or spaces, to other places such as corporate etc) then I'll consider it a charitable donation! Not that I think the good folks on the resale spreadsheet would do such a thing! 

which is also part of the reason we are closing it at the end of the month ..... anyone with any issues giving out numbers and social media if asked for id be  personally a bit wary about helping ... its all a bit of common sense really 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

which is also part of the reason we are closing it at the end of the month ..... anyone with any issues giving out numbers and social media if asked for id be  personally a bit wary about helping ... its all a bit of common sense really 

Yep. Agreed.

We’ve met so I'd say you're good for the cash. 

I was rather tipsy though when I leapt out and accosted you at Greenpeace - so you might not say the same for me!! 😆

Edited by semmtexx

1 minute ago, semmtexx said:

Yep. We’ve met so I'd say you're good for the cash. 

Though I was rather tipsy when I leapt out and accosted you at Greenpeace - so you might not say the same for me!! 😆

My confusion is who was who that year I was accosted quite a bit over a short period of time and don’t think I could easily hide if I wanted to :) ... I was thinking more about some others on here though :) 

Yeah, there's always going to be a certain amount of trust involved. The refund thing is a good point actually, can just cancel the booking if they don't pay, the rest is then charity which is all good 😃 one thing though, do all tickets get posted to lead booker, is there a way to get some delivered to a different address? Just thinking for groups where there is 2 pairs put together, will they have to arrange posting/handover of tickets?

EDIT

Obviously getting ahead of myself and therefore jinxing any success in the sale

Edited by Bovla

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My confusion is who was who that year I was accosted quite a bit over a short period of time and don’t think I could easily hide if I wanted to :) ... I was thinking more about some others on here though :) 

Yeah, something about Blackpool illuminations! 👍

Just now, Bovla said:

Yeah, there's always going to be a certain amount of trust involved. The refund thing is a good point actually, can just cancel the booking if they don't pay, the rest is then charity which is all good 😃 one thing though, do all tickets get posted to lead booker, is there a way to get some delivered to a different address? Just thinking for groups where there is 2 pairs put together, will they have to arrange posting/handover of tickets?

I did think this the other day ... there must be a way of splitting delivery by contacting see might incur an extra delivery fee ... might be worth tweeting them ?!