The Resale Spreadsheet

vintagelaureate

Can someone explain to a dim fish precisely how this is going to work please? I seem to be in a group of my own at the moment - does that mean I'm just trying for myself and some kindly other people might also be trying on my behalf? If someone succeeds on my behalf I then provide them with my relevant payment details so they can buy.

If I get put into a group with two others - how does this work at payment? I can't remember the payment screen on the website even though I've been a lot since 2005 as it's usually such a frantic time! Would one of us have to pay for all 4 tickets up front and then receive the relevant money back from the other party - or can you split payment on the site?

Cheers.

44 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

people might want to consider prepay cards to lessen the risks around payment .... I know may people will be concerned around this ... please bond with your groups ... and people that you are happy to be helping .... please be careful everyone ... we all want to get to the festival but the last thing anyone wants is a bank account emptied .... ive gone for the revolut card and will get all my group members to top it up ready for the resale .... quite an easy setup process too ... although I will try a small purchase before tday to test it ...  some helpful info on here 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-travel-cards/

You can request virtual cards for your account so your main card won't be in danger during the resale. 

Do you think non-uk residents can use prepaid cards (like revolut) as well or is it only credit card for them?

On 1/30/2020 at 11:27 AM, incident said:

Just about everything regarding those potential tickets - including whether or how many of them will be used at all, and whether that's happened yet - is pure speculation. Nobody actually knows much for sure other than the licence allows for an increase.

Yup. I hazarded a guess that they were accounted for in the coach ticket sales though.... bit of a coincidence that they offer priority for WV with coach tickets... then announced an extra campsite (the stick one... i forget what its called). As you say though we are just speculating. 

39 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Can someone explain to a dim fish precisely how this is going to work please? I seem to be in a group of my own at the moment - does that mean I'm just trying for myself and some kindly other people might also be trying on my behalf? If someone succeeds on my behalf I then provide them with my relevant payment details so they can buy.

If I get put into a group with two others - how does this work at payment? I can't remember the payment screen on the website even though I've been a lot since 2005 as it's usually such a frantic time! Would one of us have to pay for all 4 tickets up front and then receive the relevant money back from the other party - or can you split payment on the site?

Cheers.

This is my question too.... how is this going to work?

The spread sheet has groups on... so say crazy's group A will people be trying to get all 4 of his tickets as a group for him? then delete or highlight if someone is successful? 

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

This is my question too.... how is this going to work?

The spread sheet has groups on... so say crazy's group A will people be trying to get all 4 of his tickets as a group for him? then delete or highlight if someone is successful? 

thats correct .... if my group are successful then we highlight or even better the buyer does .. for speed and move to another group if people have the spreadsheet open it updates in real time ... so people can change from 1 group to another if necessary ... 

43 minutes ago, CCester said:

You can request virtual cards for your account so your main card won't be in danger during the resale. 

Do you think non-uk residents can use prepaid cards (like revolut) as well or is it only credit card for them?

not sure quite honestly I only looked at that one but if you have a look at the link im sure the terms and conditions are buried somewhere :) they certainly work abroad for purchases though ... the other option is to have a normal account with just the amount to cover the transaction on the day in it 

6 hours ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Cheers.

You cannot split the payment and to be honest you won't have time to be faffing about getting payment details. If you're trying for four you need to be able to get them all. To be honest I'm not sure I'm going to be able to afford four in one go, so wondering how best to tackle it. Credit card is an option. But I'm only in a two at the moment on the spreadsheet, although hoping to work with Charm on the coach sale.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You cannot split the payment and to be honest you won't have time to be faffing about getting payment details. If you're trying for four you need to be able to get them all. To be honest I'm not sure I'm going to be able to afford four in one go, so wondering how best to tackle it. Credit card is an option. But I'm only in a two at the moment on the spreadsheet, although hoping to work with Charm on the coach sale.

prepay card everyone in the group pays in ...and has the details ... or an  account with only the exact amount in it  .... ive posted some options on the last page i think :) 

21 hours ago, morph100 said:

One ticket back in the pot for resale, my "friend"  doesn't like the line up??1?!?!?!?!?! 

yes they have been before and know there are hundreds or maybe thousands to still be announced, some people eh?

I just hope it goes to someone who really wants it and appreciates it. 

I love your friend! 😁

Dont forget for all those lucky today with work its going to be nice to see some green colours appearing  on the spreadsheet like a corona type virus .... please let @vintagelaureate know so we can mark you off :) as early 2020 success stories 

Edited by crazyfool1

19 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Dont forget for all those lucky today with work its going to be nice to see some green colours appearing  on the spreadsheet like a corona type virus .... please let @vintagelaureate know so we can mark you off :) as early 2020 success stories 

@vintagelaureate please mark my two as green

I'll still help on tday!

• Upvote 3

Well in @SecretFish, delighted you got a place - hope we all get to join you there! I’ve updated the spreadsheet accordingly and filled the place vacated by your success! Had a few of DMs and emails over the last few days so please cast your eye over it...

I can’t tag in the original post but I’ve added...

@4519dennis, @yehbutnobut, @Ben_Monk and I’m thinking @DD Kilcoy 

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

On 2/3/2020 at 12:46 PM, crazyfool1 said:

not sure quite honestly I only looked at that one but if you have a look at the link im sure the terms and conditions are buried somewhere :) they certainly work abroad for purchases though ... the other option is to have a normal account with just the amount to cover the transaction on the day in it 

It was my boss in Barcelona who suggested we get a revolut card. He uses it all the time as Barcelona is home to more pickpockets than anywhere else it seems. 

Thanks to @vintagelaureate for the spreadsheet. I am hoping that my life starts to get a little less busy. Can't guarantee it though as we are working on a major project that is meant to launch end of Feb but is now looking more likely to be March/April. I've only been there 3 months and I am the senior member of staff training 4 new team members. All round crazy times!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Well in @SecretFish, delighted you got a place - hope we all get to join you there! I’ve updated the spreadsheet accordingly and filled the place vacated by your success! Had a few of DMs and emails over the last few days so please cast your eye over it...

Thank you! 

16 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks v much - All looks good

On 2/3/2020 at 11:38 PM, crazyfool1 said:

thats correct .... if my group are successful then we highlight or even better the buyer does .. for speed and move to another group if people have the spreadsheet open it updates in real time ... so people can change from 1 group to another if necessary ... 

I'm not sure if you've built any structure around that, but you should. If one group is successful, they need to know who to help next. In our motley crew, we have each group numbered, and if one group is successful, they help the next group up (2 helps 3, 4 helps 5, etc.). The last group helps the first. That keeps things fair.

The biggest danger with larger groups that have to be split is that someone is successful and then bails instead of helping others, or that someone is part of more than one collective - that last scenario happened to us this year and it was a killer. I managed to get through for one of our groups, only to discover that one of them was already successful elsewhere and had to be removed before the page could be submitted (and because their details weren't last, I had to move everyone else up one as well). In the time that took, tickets sold out. I felt heartbroken for the others in that group, and although the guilty offender was banished, by then her damage was done.

13 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'm not sure if you've built any structure around that, but you should. If one group is successful, they need to know who to help next. In our motley crew, we have each group numbered, and if one group is successful, they help the next group up (2 helps 3, 4 helps 5, etc.). The last group helps the first. That keeps things fair.

The biggest danger with larger groups that have to be split is that someone is successful and then bails instead of helping others, or that someone is part of more than one collective - that last scenario happened to us this year and it was a killer. I managed to get through for one of our groups, only to discover that one of them was already successful elsewhere and had to be removed before the page could be submitted (and because their details weren't last, I had to move everyone else up one as well). In the time that took, tickets sold out. I felt heartbroken for the others in that group, and although the guilty offender was banished, by then her damage was done.

the spreadsheet should turn green as various groups get sorted and when vintage was editing it I could watch it updating in real time ...so that should help people go for groups that haven't been already purchased ... its a tough one as people will naturally go for groups that they feel that they have trust with in terms of payment and I dont know if there is anyway around this ? ... any thoughts on this helpers ?