The Resale Spreadsheet

vintagelaureate

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Quick bump for anyone thats started the new year with life and ticket woes ... we can do this .... 

Thank God for this site I almost convinced myself that the game was up and there would be no chance of tickets !!!! But all the positive posts and advise is amazing and one thing for sure if I don’t get tickets it won’t be for the lack of trying !!!

the message here is always the same keep POSITIVE do all you can do!!!! Enter competitions work together on spreadsheet get as many helpers as you can  volunteer if you can but DON’T give up!!

We can do this  😀😀

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Stalk1963 said:

Thank God for this site I almost convinced myself that the game was up and there would be no chance of tickets !!!! But all the positive posts and advise is amazing and one thing for sure if I don’t get tickets it won’t be for the lack of trying !!!

the message here is always the same keep POSITIVE do all you can do!!!! Enter competitions work together on spreadsheet get as many helpers as you can  volunteer if you can but DON’T give up!!

We can do this  😀😀

I see this and the  resale thread as gateways to the rest of the site ..... ready for us to open and explore with merriment after Tday .... or maybe later for some when the last minute jobs and competitions start coming in 

On 1/15/2020 at 7:29 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I see this and the  resale thread as gateways to the rest of the site ..... ready for us to open and explore with merriment after Tday .... or maybe later for some when the last minute jobs and competitions start coming in 

That’s exactly right I have learned and enjoyed so many of the posts I’ve spent ages looking at photos 

just brilliant 

• Upvote 1

For those who want to know what are the chances (mathematically evaluated) of getting a ticket during the resale, and who can read french (sorry for the others, but the result is understandable in any language) I published an article about that on my blog Glastotrip. It is a not so bad ratio. And the more: I do believe really motivated ones beat the others. As I say in this article, how many do not wake on (re)sale morning, how many have not written their registering numbers on a proper sheet of paper, how many have pb with their computers, credit card etc... ?

Edited by asyd
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, asyd said:

For those who want to know what are the chances (mathematically evaluated) of getting a ticket during the resale, and who can read french (sorry for the others, but the result is understandable in any language) I published an article about that on my blog Glastotrip. It is a not so bad ratio. And the more: I do believe really motivated ones beat the others. As I say in this article, how many do not wake on (re)sale morning, how many have not written their registering numbers on a proper sheet of paper, how many have pb with their computers, credit card etc... ?

ah.! Le chat est dans l'eglise avec un ballon...

27 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I'm a little confused, @Sweet Pea joined Aug 11, 2008. They haven't been on since Aug 14, 2008. They also haven't posted or reacted a single thing. How come they're down on the list and spreadsheet?

I’m sure he will spot it @vintagelaureate ... I did wonder this too ? I put it down to some kind of glitch in the system and @Sweet Pea might have had some powers of time travel 

Edited by crazyfool1

OK. Just looking at this. I want tickets on the Sunday as I'm not taking the coach, so naturally I'm going to go all out for others on Thursday for the coach sale. I've never tried the coach sale. How does it work with times and locations etc? For the spreadsheet is there a particular plan for the coach sale? Don't want to stuff someone else's chances up if I'm lucky enough to get through. 

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

I'm a little confused, @Sweet Pea joined Aug 11, 2008. They haven't been on since Aug 14, 2008. They also haven't posted or reacted a single thing. How come they're down on the list and spreadsheet?

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m sure he will spot it @vintagelaureate ... I did wonder this too ? I put it down to some kind of glitch in the system and @Sweet Pea might have had some powers of time travel 

Well spotted, I tagged the wrong one! Thanks, and apologies @Sweet_pea!

• Upvote 1

Thank you resale/spreadsheet team!  I sent an email earlier to the gmail inbox, as I realize I hadn't included my coach details, or the fact that myself and one other in our group of four are non-UK.  No rush.  I can always edit myself one things get unlocked.

Postive vibes.  We're all getting tickets and I love you all!!

6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

In regards to the coach, I'll be trying for tickets from Leeds. But if I'm successful I can just tell the others in my group to not try for me on the Sunday, plus I will try and buy for them on the Sunday. Does this sound ok?

I think ive understood ...as long as you edit yourself off the spreadsheet or mark your line as successful , the 3 will still remain 

On 1/16/2020 at 9:45 PM, asyd said:

Nicely reasoned article but quoting exact chances of getting tickets is fundamentally undermined by the lack of data and having to make guesses. Whilst the number of tickets available is known in October, the number available in the resale is never known, as is the numbers trying for tickets in each sale. For instance, if one million people are chasing one of 5,000 resale tickets the odds are 1 in 200, however this drops very significantly if only 100,000 people are after one of 25,000 available resale tickets ( = 1 in 4). 

Whilst the need to make assumptions and guesses undermines true mathematical assessment, we can all agree the odds of obtaining GF tickets are much worse than we would prefer. 

How does payment typically work, I would have thought any registered people who got a ticket just got e-mailed to say they owe payment or is it a pay on the day situation? 

in which case whatever’s easiest? PayPal surely?

7 minutes ago, Damon said:

How does payment typically work, I would have thought any registered people who got a ticket just got e-mailed to say they owe payment or is it a pay on the day situation? 

no its payment for the group on the day at the time ... debit or credit card .... credit card only for international ... full balance for the group with no PayPal .... so it needs to be organised within the group before the sale ...

13 minutes ago, Damon said:

from the website ...

tickets purchased in resales after April 8th 2020 must be paid for in full at point of booking.

Payment by card for UK sales is by the following card types – Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Visa Electron, Switch/Maestro Domestic, Solo, Mastercard.

For the purpose of ticket sales the UK includes Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. Sales will be processed immediately in most cases and certainly within five working days of the sale being confirmed.