Guess we should be some headliners and band release very soon, think Wychwood does lose out on early bird ticket sales but not drip feeding band announcements through the autumn. Both Mello and Sunshine (same organisers) have a band signed for next year at the time of each festival and then regular social media releases keeping the event bubbling along.

• 5 weeks later...

You sure it's the same organisers? Mello and Sunshine are SC but Wychwood is Tribal.
That said it must be time for some headliners.
I do worry a little that the festival has been shrinking over the last few years, not just site size but also in the qualit and depth of bookings. Lets hope for a good line-up and decent weather  You sure it's the same organisers? Mello and Sunshine are SC but Wychwood is Tribal.
That said it must be time for some headliners.
I do worry a little that the festival has been shrinking over the last few years, not just site size but also in the qualit and depth of bookings. Lets hope for a good line-up and decent weather  

Are they selling coach tickets??

Only 7 acts announced with Craig and Thrills being nailed on each year and kids act being Mr Brush. I make it a poster that contains 4 real bits of news. 

For a festival so early in the season you’d have thought they’d have released the stage times by now. 

B54183EC-7955-4291-9939-94451F24F28B.thumb.jpeg.05f9008588f3b92890cd01745f701767.jpeg

Edited by ian the worm

Nothing to write home about yet but I'm committed anyway under their Ticket for Life scheme.  I still find it a good opener for the festival season and a chance to check out the caravan. I generally spend the night before at the Caravan Club site next door at Cheltenham Racecourse as the electric hook up helps charge the leisure battery and you can do a water/aquaroll fill and empty any waste.

Then the next morning it's a leisurely trundle round to the festival site.

• 1 month later...

Message from Wychwood.  Not surprising as it's only at the end of next month.  

Dear Wychwooders,

Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, Wychwood Festival will reschedule the 2020 edition to 4th - 6th June 2021.

This difficult decision has been made following government guidelines and advice regarding the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Our whole team were more excited than ever to welcome you to what was set to be a fantastic edition of Wychwood Festival. The safety of our audience, staff, artists and suppliers is our number one priority and given these unprecedented circumstances, it has become clear that the best option is to reschedule the festival.

We are pleased to say that nearly all artists announced for this years Wychwood Festival will remain on the line-up with some minor changes to performance dates. We’ll be updating the website shortly with these

All tickets for Wychwood Festival 2020 remain valid for the rescheduled date.

• 1 month later...

Under 'normal' circumstances I would have been setting off today for Cheltenham Racecourse for the Wychwood Festival, spending the night at the Caravan Club site at the Racecourse before trundling round to the festival proper tomorrow morning.  Sadly it's not to be but at least there will be a virtual event on Facebook as compensation.on Saturday.

If allowed I might have a night or two away.  At present as I can't use it I'm having some repair work done on the bodywork at the back.  Since last year I've had a new (well second hand but new to me car) a VW Touareg which should have better tow capabilities for my big caravan so it would be good to have a run out.  I'm self-isolating at present.  No symptoms but just being careful and I'm worried that by the time I get out I will have forgotten how to drive, let alone tow a caravan.

I've lost four fests too.  Never mind - back to the veg patch.

• 9 months later...

Wychwood's website say they hope to still go ahead with the 2021 festival from June 4-6.  Normally Wychwood is my caravan check out event to kick off the festival season and get ready for Glastonbury.  So it's odd that with Glastonbury at the end of the month being cancelled that Wychwood still plans to go ahead.  

I bought into their Ticket for Life scheme a few years ago and have been keeping up my monthly ticket payments so fingers crossed.

Any other EFesters planning to go?

• 1 month later...

Forget it.  Wychwood 2021 is off.  From their website this morning.

Dear Wychwood Family,

It is with great sadness that we have to announce today that we will once again have to postpone The Wychwood Festival for another year until 2022. Our new dates will be 3-5 June.

While many of our festival friends had already taken this hard decision based on where their dates aligned with the government’s opening up plans, we had been much more hopeful of being able to go ahead. This was because we have been in serious discussions for some months now with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) about being a pilot event, which would have given us some security and a framework within which to give you as safe an event as possible.

Sadly, they are now unable to provide assurances that would work with our timescales to run Wychwood this year. Also, our industry has been calling on the Government to provide us with protection via a Government-backed insurance scheme, which hasn’t materialised. Without this, for our security and your safety it is simply not possible to try and go ahead this year.

Thank you so much for all your support. We are just doing this for you and can’t wait until we can all enjoy Wychwood together again. In the meantime we hope, if you are able to, that you can hold your tickets over to next year.

• 2 years later...

Hey fellow music enthusiasts! It seems like we're in for some thrilling news. Any guesses on who the headliners could be for the upcoming event? Also, there's talk about a band release happening very soon. Who do you think it could be? Let's discuss and share our speculations. Can't wait for the big announcements!