Sleeping At Glasto

Bisque

I’m a extremely poor sleeper, often struggling to get an hour, if that, a night for days sometimes.

I normally feel fine at Glastonbury what with alcohol consumption, tiredness from walking & dancing, finding my tent etc. & I’ve been extremely fortunate not to have anything like a hangover like I would if I had the same alcohol consumption at home.

My question 1: Do any of you take meds with you to help sleep whether drinking or not?

My question 2: Do you have any other techniques other than meds to help?

My question 3: Should I have posted this in the questions topics now I think about it?

I’m thinking of having a quiet night one evening so as to possibly drive & pick someone up the next day but concerned noise & the vibe of being at Glasto keeping me awake all night might impair my driving ability.

Edit: I know this could be a sensitive subject.

Edited by Bisque

Im a deep sleeper. It's a blessing but man I get cranky if I dont feel rested. 

I've never gone to sleep before 6am at Glasto except on the Wednesday. I think the exhaustion of that day knocks me out easily, but I always use ear plugs and an eye mask. 

This year was brutal being woken up by the heat around 10am so I'm investing in a fresh and black this year. 

Melatonin does the trick also but I'd recommend giving it a try before the festival. 

Sleepeze are over the counter in boots and I found them to be non groggy when you wake up. I really struggle to sleep as well. As Kate said melatonin can work as well. Didn't help with my sleep cycle but did make me drowzy. 

I think I sleep alright at Glastonbury due to the mileage covered as well though. 

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Sleepeze are over the counter in boots

I also find these useful - not so much for dropping off initially as for getting back to sleep if you have to get up for any reason.

Plus an eyemask, earplugs and a decent pillow.  After you hit a certain age a scrunched up jumper no longer cuts it.

Last year was the first year I used ear plugs, they were much needed as I have to be up for work at 05:30am. The music/partying across site can be heard all night without it for me now so i'll defo be using them again this year. However I usually pass out around 1-2 am. It's mainly for getting back to sleep after something wakes me up during the night.