My Chemical Romance GLASTO???

FestivalMCR44

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

A fan on Twitter says they're playing according to her "source":

Although she also rather dubiously claims the Glasto appearance is going to be announced within 2 weeks:

maybe I'm reading it wrong but the announced in two weeks seems to refer to the new music rather than any appearance.

15 hours ago, mcshed said:

So are people shutting up or telling people that they were booked?

Of course it might be true but at the moment it's just rumour, chances are we'll never know for sure so I'd avoid stating it as fact.

Your choice. But I dont want to see an about face if something does come of this in the future. “We knew all along see!”

Anyway, lets look at the future and at what still can be. They still  have the gap in the weekend for now. The 3 MK dates have sold out, those fans that got tickets  are happy, so a Glasto appearance isnt really going to make anyone feel sour. And theyll be on the tele.

Edited by Suprefan

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Your choice. But I dont want to see an about face if something does come of this in the future. “We knew all along see!”

Anyway, lets look at the future and at what still can be. They still  have the gap in the weekend for now. The 3 MK dates have sold out, those fans that got tickets  are happy, so a Glasto appearance isnt really going to make anyone feel sour. And theyll be on the tele.

I'm not saying that they're going to play Glastonbury, I'm just saying this story about cancelling because of a lower than headline billing at Coachella has the whiff of bullshit about it.

If they were to headline the Other stage at G or sub the Pyramid then that would be pretty strong evidence that the Coachella strop story is nonsense.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:02 PM, mcshed said:

I'm not saying that they're going to play Glastonbury, I'm just saying this story about cancelling because of a lower than headline billing at Coachella has the whiff of bullshit about it.

If they were to headline the Other stage at G or sub the Pyramid then that would be pretty strong evidence that the Coachella strop story is nonsense.

A music publication giving you some info. Is that better? Scroll down to the bottom.

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=319621&title=

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

A music publication giving you some info. Is that better? Scroll down to the bottom.

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=319621&title=

Yeah the rumours page of a website I've never heard of has my completely convinced that info is 100% legit.

The idea that Coachella are now paying MCR $4-5 million compensation seems particularly dubious.

As I said before it might be true but it's just rumour so shouldn't be treated as fact, there are enough reasons they probably won't play Glastonbury without invoking some spurious nonsense about storming off at the site of a sub slot.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Yeah the rumours page of a website I've never heard of has my completely convinced that info is 100% legit.

The idea that Coachella are now paying MCR $4-5 million compensation seems particularly dubious.

As I said before it might be true but it's just rumour so shouldn't be treated as fact, there are enough reasons they probably won't play Glastonbury without invoking some spurious nonsense about storming off at the site of a sub slot.

Why would you ever know about an american music industry trade publication thats been around since the 80's. You wouldnt, and I  cant blame ya since youve got your ear to the ground in other places.  Been plenty reliable over the years about lots of stuff, but you would just scoff at it  of course because youre so dug into what you think. I swear if the band told you this actually happened you would never believe them, thats how unconvinced you are about any of this.  And theyre not out of the running til the poster is out or every secret set slot is filled up.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Hits daily double is an American industry mega source. It’s actually you who doesn’t know what you’re talking about.

49 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Why would you ever know about an american music industry trade publication thats been around since the 80's. You wouldnt, and I  cant blame ya since youve got your ear to the ground in other places.  Been plenty reliable over the years about lots of stuff, but you would just scoff at it  of course because youre so dug into what you think. I swear if the band told you this actually happened you would never believe them, thats how unconvinced you are about any of this.  And theyre not out of the running til the poster is out or every secret set slot is filled up.

You have my motivations all wrong, I don't think they'll play Glastonbury I especially don't think they'll play a secret set as those are normally acts who have some relationship with the festival.

I am concerned with reporting rumour as fact, even the venerable hits daily double who I admittedly had not heard of until this morning but who I'm perfectly prepared to admit are a big deal in that there USA have this story in their rumour page as they aren't 100% certain of it. 

The truth of the matter could be anything from nothing happened at all through there was some talks about them playing which broke down, there was an agreement in place that fell through before everything was signed, to they were 100% booked and Coachella bailed damaging their reputation for reliability and owing millions of dollars in compensation. I don't know the truth, hits daily don't know the truth and so I think it reasonable to assume you and Matt don't know the truth.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Interesting update from my friend who knows somebody who works in a unnamed publication around the area..

He says MCR are playing Eden Sessions on Glasto week. That'll sure fire up some rumours when announced.

Announced for Eden on the 16th of June the week before Glastonbury, I still think they could surprise us and headline the Other Stage.

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I can't see them playing, its coming to a point now where not everyone can play, we'll run out of slots some point.

Right now there's MCR, Rage, PSB, Calvin, Foals, Royal Blood, The National, all being touted with people wanting them on The Other. 

Rage aren’t really a likely option. Outside of PSB and Calvin Harris theres not really anything linking the others to playing.

My Chemical Romance seem the best fit to me as a bit of a wildcard pick.

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Rage aren’t really a likely option. Outside of PSB and Calvin Harris theres not really anything linking the others to playing.

My Chemical Romance seem the best fit to me as a bit of a wildcard pick.

Except the 'pyramid sized other headliner' that they're not exclusive to Reading/Leeds and are free that weekend. They're also personally way more suited to the festival than MCR. Note: I don't see it being them either.

Royal Blood are also touring and free that weekend and I'm pretty sure someone here suggested they were playing based of a rumour they heard. 

The National are also free and touring. 

Foals are also free and touring. 

The above 3 all have links with Glastonbury. 

Edited by chazwwe

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can we please put it to rest lol. Why would MCR accept an other stage headline slot at a festival they have never played when they’ve just sold four massive UK dates?

The band have seemed to develop a weird obsession with the winter and summer solstice. Who knows but anything is possible? 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Aren’t their shows on the solstice? Why play glasto as well?

Maybe Gerrard has been looking at Glastonbury history, I'm not been serious here but would MCR ever realistically headline Glastonbury? Just seems to be a band that would play in a different slot then there would normally find them selves.

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Emily has sold them on the idea of the festival and they’re going to take high billing on the poster with a other stage headline?

We’re speculating its what we do!

Oh no I’m not critiquing speculation it’s just like a bit random. I just think they are clearly riding a massive high right now and it would be weirdly out of character to take a non headlining slot with their current plans.