My Chemical Romance GLASTO???

FestivalMCR44

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

So what do we reckon? The dates certainly line them up for the Friday. Subbing Kendrick? Other stage headline?

I think they'll be one of those bands with a Glastonbury shaped hole in their tour that don't actually appear. Although I'd love them to. Although I need a ticket first!

46 minutes ago, jparx said:

Demand for this is insane. Fair play to them.

One of the more successful tactical disbandments/reformations I’ve seen in recent years. Even The Black Parade reissue a couple of years back drumming up reformation hype, whether intentional or not, was a stroke of genius. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

One of the more successful tactical disbandments/reformations I’ve seen in recent years. Even The Black Parade reissue a couple of years back drumming up reformation hype, whether intentional or not, was a stroke of genius. 

Could have been intentional as they got back together rehearsing in 2017 I believe

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

Could have been intentional as they got back together rehearsing in 2017 I believe

Yeah that’s what crossed my mind as soon as I saw they’d been working together again since 2017 - saw the demand was very much still there and decided it would be stupid to not capitalise on it sooner rather than later. Interest was waning in them a little bit before they disbanded so a few years off to make people miss them seems to have worked a treat. 

17 minutes ago, Balls said:

hope yer man Gerard remembers how to be a frontman before he has to do those stadium shows, looked totally lost in the clips from LA

Yeah it’s pretty incredible what switching from the frontman of a band to being a comic book writer can do to somebody over the course of a couple of years. Went from being a slender dynamic heartthrob running about the stage to a pudgy scruffy man looking like he’d been pushed on stage. Hoping they’re back with the full theatrics and charisma etc come these big shows.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah it’s pretty incredible what switching from the frontman of a band to being a comic book writer can do to somebody over the course of a couple of years. Went from being a slender dynamic heartthrob running about the stage to a pudgy scruffy man looking like he’d been pushed on stage. Hoping they’re back with the full theatrics cariama etc come these big shows.

I was totally down for the reunion until I saw weird awkward comic book guy Gerard Way with his shit moustache trying to do MCR again. Totally killed it for me, the tunes are still good but the whole thing feels really embarassing without the performance and theatricality to back it up.

2 hours ago, Balls said:

I was totally down for the reunion until I saw weird awkward comic book guy Gerard Way with his shit moustache trying to do MCR again. Totally killed it for me, the tunes are still good but the whole thing feels really embarassing without the performance and theatricality to back it up.

It was a pretty casual gig. Theres no reason to have the full theatrics at the first gig. You have to give fans a reason to come back. The la show was about the music and only that. They were supposed to do a warm up show the night before but they thought against it. So that was the result. They have another couple months of rehearsing and such to fine tune whats coming.

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It was a pretty casual gig. Theres no reason to have the full theatrics at the first gig. You have to give fans a reason to come back. The la show was about the music and only that. They were supposed to do a warm up show the night before but they thought against it. So that was the result. They have another couple months of rehearsing and such to fine tune whats coming.

OK I'll believe it when I see it

21 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I am shocked at the demand. I am almost sympathetic now to the rumours that they pulled their intended festival tour after realising how much demand there actually was. 

They won't be able to do this again so fair play to them.

The demand is largely down to the first 2 MK nights being the only ones announced for Europe. a lot of international interest and people buying from overseas. I'm on a few Irish music forums and people were buying tickets to go over, who wouldn't have bought if this new Irish date had been previously announced.

For reference, they're playing a 10k venue here, although will probably do put on a 2nd night.

there'll probably be a lot of international attendees at MK, or tickets being flogged once more Euro dates are announced.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

The demand is largely down to the first 2 MK nights being the only ones announced for Europe. a lot of international interest and people buying from overseas. I'm on a few Irish music forums and people were buying tickets to go over, who wouldn't have bought if this new Irish date had been previously announced.

For reference, they're playing a 10k venue here, although will probably do put on a 2nd night.

there'll probably be a lot of international attendees at MK, or tickets being flogged once more Euro dates are announced.

Yup, I know a small group of people who were planning on coming over for the first gig, have tickets but haven't sorted anything else out encase more shows get announced. 

Its a clever way of doing the whole supply/demand thing. 

Doubt it. Either a new single or u.s. tour dates cause those are finally set in stone.

Thinking about it more, why couldnt they just be a secret set. Everyone was thinking Green Day was going to be an Other opener and thats been shot down. How couldnt this be possible ya know. Theyre not adding any dates to that weekend because they would done that on Monday with the rest of the tour.

Edited by Suprefan

I think some need to realise MCR have no relationship at all with Glastonbury. None of the band members have gone to the place on solo projects or anything. I really don’t know why people are even mooting the possibility that a band selling three huge dates in the UK would play a below headline slot at Glastonbury. Especially in the same year they cancelled Coachella due to disagreement with their slot.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, petewilson09 said:

MCR announcement at 16:35 today.

Unlikely to be glasto related but you never know.

Think it may be a new single - Shazam began to recognise the music from the MK show video as a new song called An Offering yesterday. Pretty stoked to hear what direction they’re taking with this new stuff.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I think some need to realise MCR have no relationship at all with Glastonbury. None of the band members have gone to the place on solo projects or anything. I really don’t know why people are even mooting the possibility that a band selling three huge dates in the UK would play a below headline slot at Glastonbury. Especially in the same year they cancelled Coachella due to disagreement with their slot.

My theory is that they'll play Glastonbury due to the mythical aspects around the site, not to mention they've been referencing a lot of magic and Merlin specifically which plays into the Tor etc. Not to mention, kicking off your return with 3 stadium shows and a headline Glasto slot (albeit on the Other stage) is not a bad way to get publicity. 

I'm not convinced they'll play but I would love it if they did.