My Chemical Romance GLASTO???

FestivalMCR44

On 1/20/2020 at 10:16 AM, brettredmayne said:

Not saying it is exclusive or only UK performance is interesting, any other festivals around tis date in the UK apart from Glastonbury that could book them.

Download. But they've already booked their headliners :( 

TRNSMT is normally early July.

The issue with Glasto and MCR is MCR could realistically headline Download, R+L (double payday), IOW, TRNSMT and possibly a few others. They'd possibly have to settle for subbing or if it's a quiet year other stage headliner at Glastonbury for less money than they can get elsewhere. I can't see it at this point in their careers.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:12 PM, Matt42 said:

Their fans do tend to be a bit young and aggressive on social media. You should have seen their reddit page when they were not on the Coachella lineup. Some accused Consequence of sound of “lying to them”.

They split up in 2013. And haven't released an album since 2010. There hardcore fans are going to think they should be headlined anywhere on the planet, because they just want to see them after 7 years, the aggressiveness will die down.#

The not an exclusive date was obviously because extra night will be added for them at MK however I think they could either be looking at R+L or looking at a winter tour.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Can they do that? I'd be throwing a squinny regardless (they don't know that you no longer need it) to see if you can get some sort of compensation.

I'm still waiting for the feckers to come back to me, I do still want the room.  I can't see how they can just cancel a guaranteed room with "oh, sorry about this, it's not available anymore"

As for people saying the ticket prices are ridiculous, sadly, these prices are pretty much standard for large gigs these days, a few bands have taken a stand and are charging less,  but if you look at the major summer gigs, a bog standard ticket is often at least 70 quid before fees

Edited by Greenelk

5 hours ago, Keithy said:

Saw Platinum Standing/VIP Standing and assumed that's the barrier/golden circle ones.

Just out of interest to those who did buy tickets, how much were the booking/Ticketmaster fees?

as said above, standing was £82.50. Lower level seats were £93 and then there were seats at £71 and £49. The vip packages were £185. couldve bought a standing pair for less than one vip. 

the first reunion show back in Los Angeles was £135 after fees. 6,000 capcity venue all standing. 

Yeah the Green Day Hella Mega shows and The Killers' London dates are similarly priced, following a couple of other bands charging those kind of prices in 2018/19, so I'm not remotely surprised MCR's were in the same ballpark. Though tbf stadium mk being more compact means I can imagine the back row experience isn't quite the chasm away that, say, the London Stadium provides.

For scale, I found out that Muse's HAARP shows at Wembley in 2007 with MCR and Biffy as supports was £38 all in, which is pretty nuts to my modern eyes, given there's few arena level gigs at that cost now. Probably even worse for people who went to gigs before then.

My first stadium gig was £8 for a standing ticket, and £9 for seats.

That was for 3 support acts; Heart, Joan Jett and Teardrop Explodes. 

So we're looking at a 10 times + increase in (cough) in 38 years. According to a website I found, at the rate of inflation £8 in 1982 is £28.42 in today's money.

Screenshot_20200126-113610_Chrome.jpg.287181327880bb42e8e484cacd537aa4.jpg

Screenshot_20200126-114138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0858816a4b33c76aecf45422a2b326f0.jpg

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

My first stadium gig was £8 for a standing ticket, and £9 for seats.

That was for 3 support acts; Heart, Joan Jett and Teardrop Explodes. 

So we're looking at a 10 times + increase in (cough) in 38 years. According to a website I found, at the rate of inflation £8 in 1982 is £28.42 in today's money.

Screenshot_20200126-113610_Chrome.jpg.287181327880bb42e8e484cacd537aa4.jpg

Screenshot_20200126-114138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0858816a4b33c76aecf45422a2b326f0.jpg

Now do the same for the cost of a mass produced CD to a mass produced cd/vinyl back then and x it by the number they actually shift.

Yes, ticket prices are expensive but on the other hand you can listen to any song you want in the world for free....

11 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

Now do the same for the cost of a mass produced CD to a mass produced cd/vinyl back then and x it by the number they actually shift.

Yes, ticket prices are expensive but on the other hand you can listen to any song you want in the world for free....

Yeah, I get that entirely and fully understand that the only way for smaller bands to make money is through touring and merch sales but some of the prices for arena and stadium shows are taking the piss.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, I get that entirely and fully understand that the only way for smaller bands to make money is through touring and merch sales but some of the prices for arena and stadium shows are taking the piss.

I don't disagree with you, especially when they're bought up and available on touting sites within seconds but at the end of the day it's supply and demand in many cases. Short of capping ticket prices, what can you do.

At least festival prices still remain generally sensible. 

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Using that same site,  Glastonbury 1970 ticket prices would be £15.57 in today's money. Not exactly like for like experience that though.

582BFB10-8AF0-4195-9FDB-7F3795915BC7.jpeg.7fc8bdd89d7bb1d54f9837154d0c9f53.jpeg

paid 70p to see the who in the early 70s, paid 90 quid to see them this Spring! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

One thing I would say is that in the Uk, the sticker shock Shouldnt seem as bad for going to a gig because all the fees are included. Live in the u.s and you will see how much more upset everyone gets over ticket prices. Add about 30% to the face value of a ticket here and thats the real price. Ticketmaster used to post prices with the fees in their website. Now they give you nothing unless youre fortunate enough to have the venue website show ticket prices. You almost buy blind here and youre hoping its reasonable.

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

So what do we reckon? The dates certainly line them up for the Friday. Subbing Kendrick? Other stage headline?

Honestly reckon this will just be a coincidence and they don’t end up playing. If rumours are to believed they bailed on Coachella due to not wanting to be anything other than a headliner so not sure they’d make the exception here either, and they haven’t announced any non-headliner shows yet either. 

That said, before Kendrick would be ludicrously good for me. Same time on Other would suck, but seeing them at MK anyway so I could live with it.