My Chemical Romance GLASTO???

FestivalMCR44

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah it’s a good idea but I was also kind of counting on having two tries at this. Don’t much fancy my chances at standing tickets on Friday - gonna be bedlam. 

gotta make sure I've got all available resources onto it tbh, laptop, work computer, phone, everyone else wanting tix...

Just now, chazwwe said:

Wiki says its 30k but thats for games, so you gotta take 1 side off and then add floor, so probably not too far off. 

there's 30 blocks of seating and if you take away approx. 11 as the ticketmaster map estimates, (may not be fully accurate) so about 10k seats not being used... add that to the pitch and reckon yeah about 30k, maybe a few more depending.

If they played Glasto (highly doubt they will) I really don’t think they’d have that big of a crowd. They certainly wouldn’t be able to command a massive slot.

At other UK festivals they played below headline at their peak. They’ve got a strong case to headline Reading in 2021 as R&L do have a history of giving bands of a certain genre a leg up. However, outside of their comfort zone they don’t really have the pull. This is probably why they pulled out of Coachella. They realised that it’s really not their scene.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

If they played Glasto (highly doubt they will) I really don’t think they’d have that big of a crowd. They certainly wouldn’t be able to command a massive slot.

At other UK festivals they played below headline at their peak. They’ve got a strong case to headline Reading in 2021 as R&L do have a history of giving bands of a certain genre a leg up. However, outside of their comfort zone they don’t really have the pull. This is probably why they pulled out of Coachella. They realised that it’s really not their scene.

I maen, they headlined Reading of their last album. Reading has changed quite a bit though. 

Personally I think they should stick to doing their own shows until they get an album out, see the interest, get their live show into a good gear and then show up at festivals. 

I have somehow ended up following a few MCR 'stans' (their word, not mine) over the years despite never liking the band and watching their reactions over the last few months has been one part heartening to two parts cringey. Heartening because it's great to see people's passion for music expressed, often creatively, and in a hardcore way about a band that for a long time didn't seem like they would be reuniting. Cringey because there's an oddly entitled view (long essays on why it is wrong that MCR held their reunion show in America, why airlines didn't do cheap flights for people in other parts of the world, how people should be tested on their fandom before being allocated a ticket (where have we heard that one before, right guys?) and very specific reasons why they should always be on the barrier) which is magnified by the horror of the social media platform.

I think a lot of the fandem are going to go apeshit at a) the price of the early entry aka barrier tickets, b) the mad clamour for early entry tickets, c) the mad clamour for the regular tickets and then finally d) when a second show is announced. 

Good luck to everyone. Never going to be at glastonbury. 

The fanbase has had a lot of years to sit around and be bored off their heads with conspiracy theories and such. Nothing out of the ordinary. They also dont understand music politics and such in this current climate. Its really just perfect timing by them for a return. When they stopped there was a large group of people who never saw them live, plus people who were too young to go see them. They all grew up and have jobs now. 

Theyll be in Germany 6th of July. Which sets them up for Mad Cool pretty nicely. So yeah, unless announce a gig during glasto theyre very much in the conversation as possible. 

As @sirjonnyp predicted, second show added (also sold out).  Got tickets for the 20th, edge taken off slightly by Booking.Com emailing me to say my walking distance hotel that I booked two weeks ago suddenly cannot honour my guaranteed booking....

Edited by Greenelk

Tbh, no matter how much I like a band, I ain't paying 82 quid to see them, especially as you'll be behind the golden circle lot. The further back you end up, you're essentially watching them on a screen. Absolutely rinsing the fans on a nostalgia trip imo. Each to their own though.

If they were doing a whole day thing (like Oasis, Knebworth with first band at 2pm), I could be on aboard a bit more .... but 5:30pm doors opening.... that's 2 support bands, first at 7-7:30

Though sold out so just goes to show people will pay ridiculous prices.

Edited by Keithy
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Tbh, no matter how much I like a band, I ain't paying 82 quid to see them, especially as you'll be behind the golden circle lot. The further back you end up, you're essentially watching them on a screen. Absolutely rinsing the fans on a nostalgia trip imo. Each to their own though.

If they were doing a whole day thing (like Oasis, Knebworth with first band at 2pm), I'd could be on aboard a bit more .... but 5:30pm opening.... that's 2 support bands. 

Though sold out so just goes to show people will pay ridiculous prices.

No golden standing for this I don't think. Bloody expensive nevertheless.

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

No golden standing for this I don't think. Bloody expensive nevertheless.

Saw Platinum Standing/VIP Standing and assumed that's the barrier/golden circle ones.

Just out of interest to those who did buy tickets, how much were the booking/Ticketmaster fees?

Edited by Keithy

7 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Saw Platinum Standing/VIP Standing and assumed that's the barrier/golden circle ones.

Just out of interest to those who did buy tickets, how much were the booking/Ticketmaster fees?

There were Phantom tickets which are get in early, a Merch package and a ticket. At Slipknot I got to front, doesn’t really matter if you have early entry. I bought them cause I’m a mug and will pay ridiculous prices for a Stadium tour. It was 7.5 fees £75 FV 82.50 overall

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

As @sirjonnyp predicted, second show added (also sold out).  Got tickets for the 20th, edge taken off slightly by Booking.Com emailing me to say my walking distance hotel that I booked two weeks ago suddenly cannot honour my guaranteed booking....

Can they do that? I'd be throwing a squinny regardless (they don't know that you no longer need it) to see if you can get some sort of compensation.