My Chemical Romance GLASTO???

FestivalMCR44

2 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Don't think they are doing any UK fests

Rumour on here is they are doing 1 date at MK this year. I can see that followed by new material end of the year and a proper arena tour 2021, one can hope

Is the MK gig, the Slipknow Festival? Or is it their own. I'd go anywhere in the UK to see them tbh. They could even get added on to the Download lineup as it has came under criticism and they are doing the australian/japan versions.

Just now, FestivalMCR44 said:

Is the MK gig, the Slipknow Festival? Or is it their own. I'd go anywhere in the UK to see them tbh. They could even get added on to the Download lineup as it has came under criticism and they are doing the australian/japan versions.

It is definitely not the Slipknot show. Someone said on here they are doing MK stadium 20th June but it is still all rumours and speculation (much like everything else on this forum 95% of the time!)

Download have missed the boat with them, would eat my hat if they were added to that. If they play any festival it will be Reading but again I have my doubts on that. Someone who seemed in the know on Reddit said they weren't doing any UK festivals

I am with you as they are my favourite ever band, would travel anywhere (already got a hotel booked in MK with the ability to cancel just in case)

4 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Apparently this tweet is them self-comfirming they’re playing.

https://twitter.com/mcrofficial/status/1215400459462201346?s=21 

spells out 'June MMXX' in the theban language according to twitter, so 'UK June 2020' seeing as they were already rumoured to be playing MK Bowl June 22nd i'd say this basically confirms that rather than Glasto

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

According to Stagedoor.FM it is a “gif detailing characters from the Theban alphabet. Spelling out ‘June’, there is a quick glimpse of the Union Jack alongside what appears to be an interpretation of Glastonbury Tor.”

I noticed the glasto like thing on that video but there are a few other symbols which don't relate in any way. If they did play glasto (doubt it) hope it's not the Sunday

1 hour ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

According to Stagedoor.FM it is a “gif detailing characters from the Theban alphabet. Spelling out ‘June’, there is a quick glimpse of the Union Jack alongside what appears to be an interpretation of Glastonbury Tor.”

This is what they're referring to btw.

Screenshot_20200110-003648_Twitter.jpg

15 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

This isn't a dig, I just genuinely did not realise they were that popular. 

But anyway, as mentioned above, it looks more like a confirmation of the MK date. Where would they even play at Glasto? Other Stage? Just can't see it myself. 

What youre not seeing is that there is a large swath of kids that didnt see them during their last album and tour, Because they couldve been too young or not able. Theyve been gone and a lot of new fans discovered them cause of streaming. So now you have new fans who have never seen them and older fans with disposable income frothing at the mouth for a show. Some people paid $3,000 usd for a ticket on the aftermarket  to their first show back last month. Thats demand.

Whats the argument against them not playing. With so much changing on Other Stage, how cant they have a place there. Put them against Taylor or Kendrick and thats that. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

This isn't a dig, I just genuinely did not realise they were that popular. 

But anyway, as mentioned above, it looks more like a confirmation of the MK date. Where would they even play at Glasto? Other Stage? Just can't see it myself. 

I'd say that nationally this reunion would be far bigger than the LCD Soundsystem reunion that saw the top of the Other stage. 

This forum's tastes might suggest otherwise and I'm not sure in the world of the wider Glastonbury crowd.

(FWIW I was more bothered by LCD)

11 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

spells out 'June MMXX' in the theban language according to twitter, so 'UK June 2020' seeing as they were already rumoured to be playing MK Bowl June 22nd i'd say this basically confirms that rather than Glasto

It's gonna be stadium - try and book a room for the hotel there and you'll find you cant :P