Bath & West queries

Ruth1980

We managed to get a campervan ticket but our friend booked it for Bath & West before checking and we're a bit worried that it's miles away and a faff to get into and back from the festival. Has anyone stayed there before and can give us a bit more info? 

Also, if people are driving down separately but camping next to a friend's campervan is there car parking available?

Thanks in advance! :)

I’ve stayed there a few times. It is a little bit of a faff but not too bad. The bus runs 24 hours and doesn’t take long. It’s a bit of a walk up to the gate each day though. I wouldn’t want to pop back during the day. I leave a big bag full of spare/warm clothes in the on site lockup.

the major benefit for me is the hot showers and proper toilets. And it’s always quiet in the evening for sleeping.

I don’t think your friends would be able to park there. They’ll need to park in a main car park and get the bus to B&W. It’d be the same in the other camper fields too. Your best bet is to take their stuff in your van.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 1:41 PM, t0paz said:

I’ve stayed there a few times. It is a little bit of a faff but not too bad. The bus runs 24 hours and doesn’t take long. It’s a bit of a walk up to the gate each day though. I wouldn’t want to pop back during the day. I leave a big bag full of spare/warm clothes in the on site lockup.

the major benefit for me is the hot showers and proper toilets. And it’s always quiet in the evening for sleeping.

I don’t think your friends would be able to park there. They’ll need to park in a main car park and get the bus to B&W. It’d be the same in the other camper fields too. Your best bet is to take their stuff in your van.

Thank you for this!