Lost Village Festival 2020

TheFullShaboo

Following recent comments on social media it seems the lineup announcement is imminent!

Definitely the best small scale festival i've been too, find it very hard to pick on any areas that need improvement! 

Few people moan about the early close each night (think its around 1am) but if you go as hard as most people do from midday then this shouldn't be an issue at all. If anything its the perfect way to ensure you get a few hours shut eye ready to go again the following day!

On 1/10/2020 at 11:42 PM, GrumpyRaver said:

Totally agree... I might just be getting old, but i personally loved the stages shutting down around 2, have a bit a leisurely walk back to the tent, a nice smoke, and get a decent amount of sleep before the baking sun got me out of the tent at 8am!  Meant I could sustain myself all weekend pretty much.

I agree, the older i get the more the logistics of the festival start to appeal to me. Being able to pop back the tent and back out in less than 30 minutes from wherever you are is a life saver, as is the 2 minute breakfast run each morning for a quick bap!

• 2 weeks later...

So after noticing that Lost Village had recently followed Bombay Bicycle Club (one of my favourite bands) i decided to google 'Lost Village Bombay Bicycle Club' and then came to this page https://lostvillagefestival.com/line_up/headliner/ . On there, under the title 'Headliner Archives', are the names Bonobo and Bombay Bicycle Club.

You can then click on their names and then at the bottom it allows you to navigate through a list of bands - Bonobo, Bombay, Sink Ya Teeth etc.

Pretty big coup for our group landing Bombay if this is true!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So after noticing that Lost Village had recently followed Bombay Bicycle Club (one of my favourite bands) i decided to google 'Lost Village Bombay Bicycle Club' and then came to this page https://lostvillagefestival.com/line_up/headliner/ . On there, under the title 'Headliner Archives', are the names Bonobo and Bombay Bicycle Club.

You can then click on their names and then at the bottom it allows you to navigate through a list of bands - Bonobo, Bombay, Sink Ya Teeth etc.

Pretty big coup for our group landing Bombay if this is true!

Great find! I've just clicked through what I think is the whole line up, live acts seem a bit more "indie" on the whole than some previous yars, maybe that's just my impression though

2 minutes ago, evannn said:

Great find! I've just clicked through what I think is the whole line up, live acts seem a bit more "indie" on the whole than some previous yars, maybe that's just my impression though

Yeah it definitely feels that way doesn't it. Must admit its more my genre anyway, i just keep returning to this festival because of the general atmosphere of the place! Hoping any changes in genre of the music doesn't change the vibe / crowd at the festival.

LIVE:

Bombay Bicycle Club

Sink Ya Teeth

Stealing Sheep

Lola Young (Live)

James Righton

Genghar

Greentea Peng

Do Nothing

The Big Moon

Arlo Parks

Crazy P Soundsystem

Kojey Radical

Floating Points (Live)

Django Django

DJ*:

Bonobo

Vegyn

Tourist

Waajeed

TSHA

Trikk

Terr

Sofia Kourtesis

Shanti Celeste

Sama'

Ross From Friends

Penelope

Perel

Palms Trax

O'Flynn

Octo Octa

Nicky Elisabeth

Norman Jay

Natasha Diggs

Nabibah Iqbal

Mor Elian

Mafalda

KETTAMA

Jeremy Underground

Jamz Supernova

Jayda G

India Jordan B2B Finn

Huey Morgan

Heléna Star

Horse Meat Disco

HAAi

Greg Wilson

Folamour

Eris Drew

DJ Tennis & Red Axes: REDRAGO

DJ Boring

David Rodigan

Donna Leake

Craig Charles

CC:DISCO

Chaos in the CBD

Bradley Zero

Ben UFO

Honey Dijon

Dixon

Four Tet

*some of these could be live - DJ/producers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, evannn said:

LIVE:

Bombay Bicycle Club

Sink Ya Teeth

Stealing Sheep

Lola Young (Live)

James Righton

Genghar

Greentea Peng

Do Nothing

The Big Moon

Arlo Parks

Crazy P Soundsystem

Kojey Radical

Floating Points (Live)

Django Django

DJ*:

Bonobo

Vegyn

Tourist

Waajeed

TSHA

Trikk

Terr

Sofia Kourtesis

Shanti Celeste

Sama'

Ross From Friends

Penelope

Perel

Palms Trax

O'Flynn

Octo Octa

Nicky Elisabeth

Norman Jay

Natasha Diggs

Nabibah Iqbal

Mor Elian

Mafalda

KETTAMA

Jeremy Underground

Jamz Supernova

Jayda G

India Jordan B2B Finn

Huey Morgan

Heléna Star

Horse Meat Disco

HAAi

Greg Wilson

Folamour

Eris Drew

DJ Tennis & Red Axes: REDRAGO

DJ Boring

David Rodigan

Donna Leake

Craig Charles

CC:DISCO

Chaos in the CBD

Bradley Zero

Ben UFO

Honey Dijon

Dixon

Four Tet

*some of these could be live - DJ/producers

Django Django!! 
where have you got this full list from? Just going through the website and selecting the next artist? 

18 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Class, could be my first time. Just a couple of things:

1. Do they do Saturday & Sunday tickets?
  2. How much are tickets?
  3. Is the Luxury pass worth it?

No day tickets as far as im aware,

As they seem to have about 10 different tiers, they vary in price wildly. I had first release which ended up about £170, with final tier ending up around £220? 

Ive only ever used normal camping, so wouldn't be able to comment on that. However i must say from the conversations ive had around the site a large number of people do pay extra for the boutique option and they all seem to be happy with the quality of the service. 

Really considering this festival due to its location being practical and the setting looks unbelievable, anyone got any more information on this festival? Would love to hear your takes.

Also, is there much more expected to be announced on the line up?

7 hours ago, Damon said:

Really considering this festival due to its location being practical and the setting looks unbelievable, anyone got any more information on this festival? Would love to hear your takes.

Also, is there much more expected to be announced on the line up?

Sweeping generalisation here but, for where I live in Lincolnshire, it’s the festival where all the guys and girls who look as if they aspire to be on Love Island go every year. The types who have zero interest in Bombay Bicycle Club, Django Django or even Bonobo and just want to consume as much MDMA and shuffle to as much house music as they can, which is fine, however, they’re largely complete tossers (the ones I know and see on social media going each year). 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Sweeping generalisation here but, for where I live in Lincolnshire, it’s the festival where all the guys and girls who look as if they aspire to be on Love Island go every year. The types who have zero interest in Bombay Bicycle Club, Django Django or even Bonobo and just want to consume as much MDMA and shuffle to as much house music as they can, which is fine, however, they’re largely complete tossers (the ones I know and see on social media going each year). 

Thanks, the people don't bother me, just looking for information on the set up and location and general pros and cons of the festival!

On 2/9/2020 at 8:05 AM, Andre91 said:

I can assure you, that’s definitely not the reality from my experience...

Edited by GrumpyRaver

On 2/9/2020 at 10:52 AM, Damon said:

Thanks, the people don't bother me, just looking for information on the set up and location and general pros and cons of the festival!

I posted this on another thread recently to somebody who was considering going;

Lost Village is spectacular. I went for the first time last year and was truly blown away - the music is great, the site amazing, atmosphere is great, a perfect mix of chilled, boutique and party. I would thoroughly recommend it.  And yes, a lot of people are obviously on pills/Mandy, but only really at night, and it actually made it the friendliest, nicest festival I’ve ever been to - never felt a slightest bit of threat or danger, everybody was lovely, It never kicked off, no dickheads at all. And all the stages shut down pretty early, so it’s very civilised.  Seriously, barring Glastonbury, I don’t know if it can be topped.

Happy to provide more information if you’ve got specific things you want to know about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I posted this on another thread recently to somebody who was considering going;

Lost Village is spectacular. I went for the first time last year and was truly blown away - the music is great, the site amazing, atmosphere is great, a perfect mix of chilled, boutique and party. I would thoroughly recommend it.  And yes, a lot of people are obviously on pills/Mandy, but only really at night, and it actually made it the friendliest, nicest festival I’ve ever been to - never felt a slightest bit of threat or danger, everybody was lovely, It never kicked off, no dickheads at all. And all the stages shut down pretty early, so it’s very civilised.  Seriously, barring Glastonbury, I don’t know if it can be topped.

Happy to provide more information if you’ve got specific things you want to know about.

Did you tent it or book the boutique accommodation? If so would you recommend?

Hows the food? Did you take some chill time with hot tubs and other activities or just stick strictly to the music?

Is there more to be announced still, I can see it's mainly DJ orientated, but even last year seemed to have more live acts.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Damon said:

Did you tent it or book the boutique accommodation? If so would you recommend?

I stayed in a tent - campsite was good, no agro, people were friendly, not load after hours. Could have done with a few more water points scattered around, but that’s my only real quibble. I used campsite loos and showers - there were plenty, and they were fine, no issues. Some of my mates paid for private loos and showers and spoke very highly of them.

2 hours ago, Damon said:

Hows the food? Did you take some chill time with hot tubs and other activities or just stick strictly to the music?

The food is great - plenty of really high quality options, and there’s an on-site Dishoom as well which I went to for a sit down lunch one day - wasn’t extortionate and was a really great experience. We had a couple of hours in hot tub and sauna too - it was the first time I’d done anything like that at a festival, and it was absolutely joyous. The setting by the lake is so beautiful and tranquil.  My friends also did workshops making jewellery and clothing and totally loved it, and I spent quite a bit of time in the spoken word and comedy tents, which were both great.  There’s loads of other stuff dotted around the place too - a free, retro arcade, weird installations and performances in the woods... Generally, none of my group really watches much music during the day - we just did chilled, really fun other stuff, then got on it with music and dancing from early evening. Totally new for me, but really fun.

2 hours ago, Damon said:

Is there more to be announced still, I can see it's mainly DJ orientated, but even last year seemed to have more live acts.

Definitely - while most stages are predominantly DJ-based, there will be more live acts announced for sure as the main stage is pretty much only live acts and there ain’t enough to fill that yet. Reckon they’ll be predominantly electronic or dance based - can see someone like Sudan Archives possibly cropping up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I stayed in a tent - campsite was good, no agro, people were friendly, not load after hours. Could have done with a few more water points scattered around, but that’s my only real quibble. I used campsite loos and showers - there were plenty, and they were fine, no issues. Some of my mates paid for private loos and showers and spoke very highly of them.

If I go I think we will go for the boutique tents for comfort!

9 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

The food is great - plenty of really high quality options, and there’s an on-site Dishoom as well which I went to for a sit down lunch one day - wasn’t extortionate and was a really great experience. We had a couple of hours in hot tub and sauna too - it was the first time I’d done anything like that at a festival, and it was absolutely joyous. The setting by the lake is so beautiful and tranquil.  My friends also did workshops making jewellery and clothing and totally loved it, and I spent quite a bit of time in the spoken word and comedy tents, which were both great.  There’s loads of other stuff dotted around the place too - a free, retro arcade, weird installations and performances in the woods... Generally, none of my group really watches much music during the day - we just did chilled, really fun other stuff, then got on it with music and dancing from early evening. Totally new for me, but really fun.

This sounds great and the hot tub by the lakes sounds like the perfect hangover cure! Very peaceful! I'm more of a music goer but would likely wander in to the comedy tents. As for the random stuff that's what I'll look forward to the most!

11 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Definitely - while most stages are predominantly DJ-based, there will be more live acts announced for sure as the main stage is pretty much only live acts and there ain’t enough to fill that yet. Reckon they’ll be predominantly electronic or dance based - can see someone like Sudan Archives possibly cropping up.

I look forward to the next announcement! Thanks for the info!

• 2 months later...