Tenacious D ‘20?

Ricky94

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They’ve been in UK around Glastonbury time before and never made it.

It’s a no from me, they’re a novelty band. Not worth wasting prime Pyramid real estate on.

So the fact that thousands would love it doesn’t make it worth a slot on pyramid? Do you think Janet Jackson was a good use of a prime slot? They waste pyramid slots all the time. D would smash it, novelty band is irrelevant. I don’t think it’ll happen though. 

They are absolutely not the same as lonely island. They’re both solid guitarists and Jack Black is a good vocalist. They write all their own songs I don’t see what the problem is. Pretty elitist attitude if you ask me and I doubt the bookers share it. Have lonely island every even played a gig? They’re actors ffs. 

Two top ten albums in the UK ^^ (2 and 10)

They’re bonafide musicians that play comedy songs i’d classify them as nearer flight of the conchords than the others mentioned and I think the pantomime/rock opera style of Tenacious D could lend itself nicely to it. Would also work on west holts.

Doubt they’ll play though.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

They’ve been in UK around Glastonbury time before and never made it.

It’s a no from me, they’re a novelty band. Not worth wasting prime Pyramid real estate on.

Whats your beef with comedy bands? I'd happily take D or the Conchords. If there's space for Spinal Tap.... or even tribute acts then there's space for comedy bands. As long as the songs are decent (looking at you Boosh!!)

8 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Whats your beef with comedy bands? I'd happily take D or the Conchords. If there's space for Spinal Tap.... or even tribute acts then there's space for comedy bands. As long as the songs are decent (looking at you Boosh!!)

I have no beef with comedy bands. I love the Conchords and would happily see them again. Enjoyed Spinal Tap too on the Pyramid back in 09, but they were fifth down and not really taking a prime slot.

Full disclosure: I think Tenacious D are a bit naff and not worth the big slot they would want.

Other opinions are available.