Train Tickets to Glastonbury

MaxPower

On 1/9/2020 at 7:12 PM, Jay Pee said:

The fear is the comedown after several days of getting on it.

The paranoia, the downer, the feeling that you are going to smash into the central reservation and die when overtaking a lorry on the motorway etc...

Just that whole weirdness of several days caning it

Oh yeah, I'm with you. I didn't learn to drive until I was in my thirties and had visions of finally driving to the festival with plenty of stuff, until I remembered that I'm an absolute wreck until about the Thursday after the festival.

There's no way I'm ever going to be safe to drive back from Glastonbury, unless I spend a week licking my wounds in Wells, after leaving the site at the last possible moment after they kick me out.  Maybe one day.

I’m thinking this year of train this year as I’m up at Worthy View with a pre erected tent I see no reason to get up at 4/5AM Wednesday morning.  I’m picturing myself strolling on site 3/4 in the afternoon half cut without a care in the world. 

Warrington to Bristol. Takes 3 hours including a change at Birmingham New Street. 

What is the craic with the bus/coach from Bristol to Glastonbury? Do you go into Glastonbury town or can you get one straight to Worthy Farm? How long does it take?

Last year when waiting for my coach back to Manchester could see there were buses going non stop to Bristol. 

Can anyone who’s got previous experience of that trip explain it to me?

We are travelling down from Manchester to Bristol by train on Wednesday evening.

National Express from Bristol Bus and Coach Station to Gate A are listed as 1h 15m on Thursday morning and 1h 45m return on Monday morning due to extra traffic.

It's about a mile from Temple Meads to the coach station so probably a taxi. May be other bus options but it works ok for us stopping in Premier Inn by coach station on Wednesday. 

National Express cost £100 return for me and two kids.

1 hour ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

We are travelling down from Manchester to Bristol by train on Wednesday evening.

National Express from Bristol Bus and Coach Station to Gate A are listed as 1h 15m on Thursday morning and 1h 45m return on Monday morning due to extra traffic.

It's about a mile from Temple Meads to the coach station so probably a taxi. May be other bus options but it works ok for us stopping in Premier Inn by coach station on Wednesday. 

National Express cost £100 return for me and two kids.

Thanks for your reply.

I’m positive there’s a shuttle bus that runs from Bristol to the festival site though. I think I’ve read it’s a lot cheaper than whatever you’ve paid for your coach also. Hopefully someone can confirm maybe save you some coin. It’s 23 miles according to google maps. Granted you probably have to take a different direction for traffic slow.

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Thanks for your reply.

I’m positive there’s a shuttle bus that runs from Bristol to the festival site though. I think I’ve read it’s a lot cheaper than whatever you’ve paid for your coach also. Hopefully someone can confirm maybe save you some coin. It’s 23 miles according to google maps. Granted you probably have to take a different direction for traffic slow.

From looking at the festival website there was a direct shuttle from the festival site to Temple Meads on the Sunday and Monday for £15 per person one way. 

On the way to the festival it looks like there wasn't a direct shuttle from Temple Meads but you could get one via Wells or Glastonbury town.

I'm pretty sure that National Express wouldn't let us book a single from Bristol Coach Station to the festival (which would have been ideal for us and allowed us to get the shuttle direct to Temple Meads on the Monday).

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-bus/

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un
Correction

43 minutes ago, incident said:

They would.

Just been onto the National Express site again on both phone and PC.

It let's me click single or return but if I click single from Bristol it's still asking for a return date and not letting me click Book Now unless I change it to a return and select a return date.

Edit: I've just found that it will let you book a single if you click this link:

https://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/glastonbury/index.html

But not if you click this one which comes up first on Google:

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/events/glastonbury

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un

3 hours ago, Stretlow said:

I'm driving down Tuesday as we always do but childcare challenges have meant my wife (and hopefully my mum) are getting the train from Manchester on Thursday night / Friday morning 

£120pp one way..

ouch

Don’t book yet. The advance fares have not been released yet.

Also use TrainSplit or a similar app. 

It’s too early for the best fares. March is about right for. Advanced fare discounts.

• Like 1