• 65 plus
    • 55-64
    • 45-54
    • 35-44
    • 25-34
    • 18-24
    • Under 18

1) 34 going on 40

2) Taylor Swift, Aerosmith, Hobo Jones, Beans on Toast, Macca, Craig Charles. 

3) Stone Roses (even though I never see it happening now) and I missed the Rolling Stones in 13 so would love the chance to see them again. Both individually responsible for 2 of my best gigs I've ever had the pleasure to attend.

1. I'm 39 - at Glasto this year I'll be clinging on to the last week of my 30's.  Why is this happening to me?

2. From the rumours, Diana Ross, Pet Shop Boys, Carl Cox, Thom Yorke.  From my expected others, Orbital, Underworld.

3. Daft Punk / Arcade Fire

AF are my fave band and DP have been on my list ever since I first started going to festivals, gigs and clubs.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:19 AM, circus92 said:

1) Your age
2) 6 acts you are most looking forward to seeing this year (based on those already confirmed or likely to play)
3) 2 acts you would love to see headline the Pyramid above all others in the next decade (regardless of how unlikely they are to appear)

1) 23. 
2) The 1975, Aerosmith, Foals, Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Thom Yorke.
3) Daft Punk and Queens of The Stone Age.

2 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

1) 36

2) Based on the rumours page: Beans on Toast, Confidence Man, Crowded House, Mik Artistik, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, Warmduscher

3) Fleetwood Mac, Talking Heads, Pulp (sorry I had 3)

Nice to see someone else mention Beans, it’s become a sort of tradition of ours to seek out where he is playing, last year greenpeace was rammed for him on Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Nice to see someone else mention Beans, it’s become a sort of tradition of ours to seek out where he is playing, last year greenpeace was rammed for him on Thursday. 

Definitely. First saw him at a Secret Garden Party in 2006 and always make sure I see him at every festival I go to when he's on the bill. Although as you say, I saw Lekkido on Thursday last year, and by the time I got to the Greenpeace stage it was already too full to get in :(

Will have to rectify that by seeing him twice this year.

This may well be common knowledge, but did you know he's namechecked in an early Frank Turner song?

Jay is our St George, and he's standing on a wooden chair,
And he sings songs and he slays dragons, and he's losing all his hair.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Definitely. First saw him at a Secret Garden Party in 2006 and always make sure I see him at every festival I go to when he's on the bill. Although as you say, I saw Lekkido on Thursday last year, and by the time I got to the Greenpeace stage it was already too full to get in :(

This may well be common knowledge, but did you know he's namechecked in an early Frank Turner song?

and there's a Justin from The Vaccines reference in there too!

"Justin is the last
Of the great romantic poets,
And he's the only one among us
Who is ever going to make it."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

and there's a Justin from The Vaccines reference in there too!

"Justin is the last
Of the great romantic poets,
And he's the only one among us
Who is ever going to make it."

Kid Harpoon too. I was really into his EPs when they came out. I believe he writes tune for the likes of Flo and Harry Styles nowadays:

Zo and Harps will skamper up to victory in the city we call home.

• Upvote 1

1) 39, 40 during the fest

2) Dianna Ross, Pet Shop Boys and Aerosmith for the confirmed/TBC/SRs

3) Alive: Pearl Jam ( ;) ), Depeche Mode, Daft Punk, RATM, NIN, Tool

Not so alive: Bowie/Prince teamup or one leading into the other, Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd

Side note - It's so damn weird that my high school days are potentially of being replayed in huge concerts, and not even as 'classic' acts yet...

Edited by pahqman

3 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

Beans and Frank Turner are mates from before either of them were famous - Beans talks about him a little bit in his "Drunk Folk Stories" book, which I'd highly recommend. There's quite a bit in it about Glastonbury - it's a great read.

I was introduced to him at (I think) Glastonbury 2015 when he played the Hell Stage on Thursday afternoon - think I've seen him at nearly every festival (Glasto or otherwise) I've been to since, plus quite a few of his own gigs - he's ace!

15 minutes ago, The Spandex Warrior said:

Beans and Frank Turner are mates from before either of them were famous - Beans talks about him a little bit in his "Drunk Folk Stories" book, which I'd highly recommend. There's quite a bit in it about Glastonbury - it's a great read.

I was introduced to him at (I think) Glastonbury 2015 when he played the Hell Stage on Thursday afternoon - think I've seen him at nearly every festival (Glasto or otherwise) I've been to since, plus quite a few of his own gigs - he's ace!

I asked for that for Christmas! Santa didn't deliver though so I'll have to treat myself.

I remember seeing Beans on an afternoon at an early SGP, him and Frank were both due on at the same time the next day, in between songs he mentioned he was a bit gutted cos they were mates and he'd liked to have watched him. I remember he said:

"If you want to see a proper good show, go and see Frank tomorrow. If you want to see a man who's stayed up all night doing everything he can get his hands on, come and see me."

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Miyn said:

1) 14, (15 in less than a week)

Many happy returns for the b’day 😊

Anyway - from the young to the very, very old (in flesh) but still holding on to the flame of youth inside

Macca, Crowded House, PSB, LDR, FKA Twiggs, DR

Talking Heads, Pink Floyd, REM

Edited by chuckles07
REM won’t be playing this year.......

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

1) 14, (15 in less than a week)

2) The 1975, Wolf Alice, Foals, Sam Fender, Noel Gallagher, Thom Yorke

3) Radiohead and Pulp

Possibly the youngest efester?

Not bad taste card for your age mate! 

• Upvote 1