2020 New Music

dentalplan

19 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

This is good, but coming so soon after Soccer Mommy’s also very 90’s revivalist new album probably isn’t doing it any favour to my ears as it sounds very similar to the point that it could’ve been on there vocals and all and I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid.

Sorry for the double post here but...

On 7/11/2020 at 2:22 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I have  personalised Release Radar and Discover Weekly playlists.  I'm not sure how I got them, I did a tiny amount of Googling and could only find articles for artists who want to get on them.  Maybe try the Home page in Spotify?

Holy moly when did Discover Weekly get good?!?! I stopped using it years ago because it was horrendous but I've put it on this evening (thanks to two hats here) and enjoyed almost every song. This changes everything.

21 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Holy moly when did Discover Weekly get good?!?! I stopped using it years ago because it was horrendous but I've put it on this evening (thanks to two hats here) and enjoyed almost every song. This changes everything.

You must have been listening to better music.

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I have found the same recently - they must have changed something with the algorithms because both Discover Weekly and Release Radar are coming up with the goods for me on a really consistent basis.  I had nearly given up on them but now think they are awesome!

Looking forward to Lianne Le Havas new album out tomorrow, i hope she now gets the recognition as i've heard and read good reports about it. Certainly the four tracks out there are great. Loving the Weird Fishes cover :) 

2 hours ago, ghandi said:

Looking forward to Lianne Le Havas new album out tomorrow, i hope she now gets the recognition as i've heard and read good reports about it. Certainly the four tracks out there are great. Loving the Weird Fishes cover :) 

Yep the Weird Fishes cover is so good I pre-ordered the vinyl on the strength of it. Fingers crossed the rest is as good. 

52 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Keep going back to the Jessie Ware album, wow

Lianne La Havas, Blu & Exile, JARV.. IS and Joey Bada$$ tomorrow

Is Joey Bada$$ a new album? Saw he was releasing something and I assumed it was just a new song, but an album would be awesome. The quality of his stuff can vary but there’s always a fair few bangers on each album at least - still vibing to Temptation these days.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is Joey Bada$$ a new album? Saw he was releasing something and I assumed it was just a new song, but an album would be awesome. The quality of his stuff can vary but there’s always a fair few bangers on each album at least - still vibing to Temptation these days.

No it's only 3 tracks but there's an album on the horizon

9 hours ago, Quark said:

Pretty meat & potatoes stuff so not going to be everyone's bag, but enjoying the new DMA's album this morning.

EDIT: should have added good shout from @Copperface

Yeah I'm liking it too - wasn't into their stuff before but I got obsessed with 'life is a game of changing' the other week and turns out the rest of the album is good too. 

On 7/10/2020 at 11:20 AM, henry bear said:

Why such an aggressive post? You post a lot of videos that don’t really mean much to me, but I wouldn’t attack your taste.

Fair do-s

Not meant to be aggressive whatsoever.

I saddens me to know some of the music I post here does not mean that much to those who choose to listen to it.

Taste is whimsical, but should never, ever, be attacked. 

My (whimsical?;) taste.. New Music..

This is going to sound like a hyper critical question because, well, it probably is. But are DMAs that Aussie band that just sound like they're trying to rip off Oasis?

If they're the band I'm thinking of I saw them years ago at Live at Leeds (I think) and didn't do anything for me. Willing to give them another shot though since they seem to have some traction with people around here.

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

This is going to sound like a hyper critical question because, well, it probably is. But are DMAs that Aussie band that just sound like they're trying to rip off Oasis?

If they're the band I'm thinking of I saw them years ago at Live at Leeds (I think) and didn't do anything for me. Willing to give them another shot though since they seem to have some traction with people around here.

Yeah that's them. I've never paid them much mind before, and the sound is very 90s revival. Not fighting for AOTY or anything, but was a good enough listen

The new Protomartyr album is so good. Love the Blackstar-ish saxophone running through some of it - really nice addition to their sound.

Fair bit of new stuff today - Jarv Is..., Nicolas Jaar, Crack Cloud, Dehd, Lianne La Havas, Illuminati Hotties (again), and I may even give the new Ellie Goulding a go as she can deliver every once in a while.

edit: oh and there's some kind of Yo La Tengo album out today as well although I'm not sure if it's a traditional album or some kind of jam thing or what.

Edited by FloorFiller