• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New single

Just when you think 2020 couldn't get any worse.

Ditto. Either We're missing something or Homer's running a bit behind. @Homer while you're on Spotify check out "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk. Sound of the summer that.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm strong on Madge Price, but none of the singles have really landed for me yet.

Woah if you don't bump Letting Me Down you have ear cataracts.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The brothers Twigg have been quietly lining up a smash with this new album. Liking all songs so far very mucho.

I really tried to like the last album but realised I fucking hated it as I saw it live.

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I really tried to like the last album but realised I fucking hated it as I saw it live.

The last album was so good! A concept album about a chimp raised as a boy - what’s not to love?!

Anyone else getting a little worried about the new Glass Animals album next month? I've only really liked Dreamland of the four singles that have dropped so far and Heat Waves was a pretty big miss for me. 

5 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Same, although I'm not sure "very excited" is the right phrase for a Barwick album - something like "anticipating the enjoyment of luxuriating in her latest soundscapes" seems more apt.

Agreed. Looking forward to falling asleep to it tomorrow night. 

8 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Hadn't paid them much attention for a couple of year but enjoying this new tune from The Front Bottoms

The Front Bottoms

Terrible name and derivative as fuck.

No redeeming qualities at all

Don't bother.

:)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4
14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

New Doves album The Universal Want out September 11th

Really digging this new song. 

Yeah, I like that. Didn't really like Carousels - but this one I prefer

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Isn't that Massive Attack EP coming today?

Don’t think there was a date given was there?

Lots of good stuff today: Margo Price, My Morning Jacket, The Beths, The Streets, Kacy Hill, and 100 gecs should be good for a laugh if nothing else.

Beths album is great. Production is a bit better than the first album so it all sounds a bit smoother, but not overdone. Harmonies and melody still really good, but a bit more variety to the songwriting to my ears.

Lovely stuff.

Whoever mentioned the Dream Wife album the other week - thank you! Really been enjoying that the last few days.

Also saw The Streets trending on Twitter so figured the album was a banger, then read the tweets... 😳 Anyone listened to it yet?

10 hours ago, bamber said:

The Front Bottoms

Don't bother.

You probably shouldn't bother posting Jessie J videos all the time but you still do you weapon.

11 hours ago, bamber said:

The Front Bottoms

Don't bother.

Why such an aggressive post? You post a lot of videos that don’t really mean much to me, but I wouldn’t attack your taste.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Beths album is great. Production is a bit better than the first album so it all sounds a bit smoother, but not overdone. Harmonies and melody still really good, but a bit more variety to the songwriting to my ears.

Lovely stuff.

Yeah I really enjoyed it. 

The Streets album gets a thumbs up from me too, particularly the track with IDLES. That's straight into my TOTY so far playlist. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Whoever mentioned the Dream Wife album the other week - thank you! Really been enjoying that the last few days.

Also saw The Streets trending on Twitter so figured the album was a banger, then read the tweets... 😳 Anyone listened to it yet?

I've listened to it today, the track with idles is alright but otherwise quite samey and forgettable sadly I thought.