2020 New Music

dentalplan

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes perhaps she'll honour her Sonic booking but get a bigger stage booking as well. 

A good friend of mine is actually best mates with her, went to school together. 

I’m seeing her next week so I’ll ask her. 

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

A good friend of mine is actually best mates with her, went to school together. 

I’m seeing her next week so I’ll ask her. 

Yes you need to be getting that gossip. Ask if Emily Eavis told her any other exciting news as well. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Like this a lot, never heard of Luxembourg Signal or this collab but will be exploring further.

Got this album going atm, it's REALLY good! 

Both Luxembourg Signal albums are tremendous, both the eponymous one and Blue Field, well worth a listen. Jetstream Pony are one of a clutch of Brighton based bands doing it for me - Electric Soft Parade with Stages is just brilliant, anything by the Go! Team, Black Honey are good, AK/DK are fantastic , plus Plastic Mermaids from the Isle of Wight  (nearish) mean that the smaller gig scene is well served by bands from that are who deserve to grow in popularity.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Both Luxembourg Signal albums are tremendous, both the eponymous one and Blue Field, well worth a listen. Jetstream Pony are one of a clutch of Brighton based bands doing it for me - Electric Soft Parade with Stages is just brilliant, anything by the Go! Team, Black Honey are good, AK/DK are fantastic , plus Plastic Mermaids from the Isle of Wight  (nearish) mean that the smaller gig scene is well served by bands from that are who deserve to grow in popularity.

Will check all of those out, love trying to keep up with what's happening in Brighton.

If you like local stuff and you've not already, check out Youth Sector, Thyla, Laundromat, Marthagunn, Nature TV, Egpytian Blue, Currls and Flip Fantazia. So much good stuff coming out of Brighton at the moment!

EDIT: add Moonlight Parade to that list as well. Worthing band, just picked them up from Twitter and it's a decent listen.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1

Looking forward to Friday, two of my anticipated albums for this year coming on the same day from The Beths and Bugeye. From the tracks that we've had so far I reckon both will make it into my AOTY lists, and a strong chance Beths will be top of the pile come December!

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Another new Stones track called Criss Cross being released tomorrow. I wonder if it and Living in a Ghost Town are leading up to that long talked about new album of theirs being released some time in the near future.

Hmmm.   There's a Goat's Head Soup outtake by that name (ish), so may also be a GHS special edition.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmm.   There's a Goat's Head Soup outtake by that name (ish), so may also be a GHS special edition.

Yeah I saw that mentioned and thought it might’ve just been reworked for the new album, but you might be right about a GHS reissue.

18 hours ago, Quark said:

Looking forward to Friday, two of my anticipated albums for this year coming on the same day from The Beths and Bugeye. From the tracks that we've had so far I reckon both will make it into my AOTY lists, and a strong chance Beths will be top of the pile come December!

I was only introduced to The Beths I think because of you and bought their old album on vinyl recently so I'm excited about this one as well. 

4 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Very excited for Julianna Barwick's album tomorrow. 

Given that your recommendations tend to be pretty consistent, I'll give that a look.

15 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Looking forward to Dinner Party (9th Wonder, Terrace Martin, Kamasi Washington & Robert Glasper) and Lianne La Havas tomorrow

Dunno about the DP one but didn't realise Lianne's album was tomorrow, will definitely add that to the list.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Given that your recommendations tend to be pretty consistent, I'll give that a look.

Dunno about the DP one but didn't realise Lianne's album was tomorrow, will definitely add that to the list.

Turns out its actually next Friday but I could swear I'd seen a release date of tomorrow somewhere 😔

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just as long as you don’t go in expecting something like The Beths! I’m looking forward that one as well - if it’s anything near the quality of FMHM then it’ll be a AOTY contender for sure. 

Just heard an interview with Jed William's about the Doves new album on 6 music with Steve Lamacq and they played a couple of tracks which were great! Loved the band and reckon the new material sounds stinking. I can already feel an almighty clash fuck happening at next years festival 

Edited by ghandi