2020 New Music

dentalplan

Had Brigit Dawson And The Mother's Network album on all afternoon and love it. She's a part time keyboard and vocalist for the Oh Sees, usually when they wanna chill out. Sounds great to me either way, proper good lo-fi psych-folk (probably, I've got no idea about genres these days).

Here's the shortest and most accessible song on the album

36 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Had Brigit Dawson And The Mother's Network album on all afternoon and love it. She's a part time keyboard and vocalist for the Oh Sees, usually when they wanna chill out. Sounds great to me either way, proper good lo-fi psych-folk (probably, I've got no idea about genres these days).

Here's the shortest and most accessible song on the album

Have just finished it myself. Like it yeah. Will give it another spin tomorrow.

TEED has made some lovely stuff:

On 22nd March a friend sent me a recording of the birds that were keeping her awake in the Canary Islands. It was early in this story and anxiety was high, so I took the recording and made some music to it as a present to send back, a hug, and an exercise to take my mind off the obvious. The next day I spoke to a friend in South London who like many of us was commenting on the volume of the birdsong in his garden, so I asked for a recording of that too, and he woke at dawn the next day and sent me blackbirds, house sparrows, and a great tit. I sent him music a day or two later. Working on my existing musical projects was proving difficult and so this pattern of receiving bird recordings from friends and sending them back songs emerged as a welcome practice.

On 15th April my friend Jon Wright of Sports Banger, aware of my project, showed me a drawing a kid had done on the letter Boris Johnson had sent out to every UK household. On it were colourful birds and “bum face boris bollocks”. Also the words “I can hear the birds again”. So I took that as a sign that I should finish this music, and release it as an EP called “I can hear the birds”.

The artwork is a painting by Jethro Buck, my pal who got up early in Brockley and recorded for me. We’ve known each other since we were 5. I’ve always hoped we’d get an opportunity to collide our worlds one day.

I did 8 tracks in total, from Delhi, Nairobi, New York.. here are 4 on this EP, because 4 feels like the right amount.

Thanks to the people who sent me recordings, you know who you are xxxx

Love
Orlando

https://open.spotify.com/album/4JDu9Wp3oVqBc18hIau11s?si=zC8LqPuKQ4adZc_iASW5Cw

Edit, I can't embed and not sure why sorry.

Also @nikkic this might be one for you?

Edited by Tommy101

4 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

TEED has made some lovely stuff:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4JDu9Wp3oVqBc18hIau11s?si=zC8LqPuKQ4adZc_iASW5Cw

Edit, I can't embed and not sure why sorry.

Also @nikkic this might be one for you?

I havent been able to embed a spotify link for a while now, don't know if its a setting @Neil changed or something?

In all seriousness this is a strong Gaga album. It’s nice to see her put out a cohesive body of work. Even though it’s wacky the direction is strong and it isn’t a jumbled mess like some of her recent stuff. It seems like this is the album that she probably thought ARTPOP was going to be. 

I really enjoy the interludes. Very rare an album actually uses interludes well!

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

The new Gaga album is pretty good. Definitely class it as a return to form. Big 90s house influences. The last track Babylon is also an absolutely shameless rip off of Vogue. 

Yeah some really strong electronic influences. It’s much tighter than her last two albums.

She knew what she was doing scheduling this album in time for pride season 🤣. You can also hear she’s having fun with the music she’s making again, which I think is good. I think one thing I noticed with her past releases is she was taking herself too seriously and it just sounded a bit unrelateable. 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah some really strong electronic influences. It’s much tighter than her last two albums.

She knew what she was doing scheduling this album in time for pride season 🤣. You can also hear she’s having fun with the music she’s making again, which I think is good. I think one thing I noticed with her past releases is she was taking herself too seriously and it just sounded a bit unrelateable. 

100% she's got that market well and truly cornered! As you said it feels a much more fun, care free full on pop record.

Also:

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

New Gaga is ace - best thing she’s done since Fame Monster to my ears, and the all banger - no ballad approach is nice after a few years of her slowing it down. If Taylor has had to pull out then Gaga is where the Eavi should be throwing their money at.

Only at track 9 and she is killing it.  Absolutely loving it so far - complete return to form and definitely reminds me of Fame Monster Era