2020 New Music

dentalplan

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Any reason given? And any idea on when it was recorded? Hoping for some big overdubbed guitars, seven minute long Be Here Now cocaine vibes.

Apparently it was recorded 15 years ago during a sound check in Hong Kong.

He found the CD whilst going through an old box whilst having a lockdown tidy up! 

On 4/26/2020 at 4:21 PM, Blisterpack said:

This appeared on YouTube yesterday. Saw them playing with Toy just before lockdown and they said they were about to go into the studio to record a few things but suspect that this live rehearsal vid is a ‘ticking over teaser’. There is absolutely nobody with a better ear for a hook than these guys.

That's a great song!!! Isn't that Parr Street??!!! I used to live near there. It's right by the clap clinic!!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stt11 said:

That's a great song!!! Isn't that Parr Street??!!! I used to live near there. It's right by the clap clinic!!!!!

Could well be Parr Street- they record there regularly. Best band in Liverpool at the moment I reckon. That vocal is haunting in the right venue. Every song of theirs is a banger mate. 

22 hours ago, Blisterpack said:

Could well be Parr Street- they record there regularly. Best band in Liverpool at the moment I reckon. That vocal is haunting in the right venue. Every song of theirs is a banger mate. 

https://www.getintothis.co.uk/2020/04/liverpools-parr-street-studios-attic-and-ropewalk-buildings-to-be-demolished-if-new-apartment-plans-approved/?fbclid=IwAR1YnZ_atQkg5V5HOBTUI91GnQCHDQm5r9rh5FlBg0HXs-dYTXogbWla6BY

feel like I jinxed Parr Street. Absolutely awful news this if true. 

18 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Can ya believe it's only 2 more weeks till that new shite Weezer album comes out, feels like they announced it a billion years ago.

Oh yeah, that’s a thing. It saddens me how little I care about new Weezer material. Ah well, we’ll always have Pinkerton...

edit: although actually I’m down for Weezer going a bit heavier again, even if it is shite. Bound to be some hilariously over the top solos at least. 

Edited by FloorFiller

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh yeah, that’s a thing. It saddens me how little I care about new Weezer material. Ah well, we’ll always have Pinkerton...

edit: although actually I’m down for Weezer going a bit heavier again, even if it is shite. Bound to be some hilariously over the top solos at least. 

Yeah in terms of actual output I don't mind as they've served us well for that in the past, it'd be nice for them to bring something out that made their ticket prices seem reasonable enough for me to got for though.

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Been listening to some albums that I missed from earlier in the year as we have had a bit of a quiet period - The Yumi Zouma album is pretty nice and I dont remember it being bought up here. Nothing groundbreaking, but a decent listen if you like indie pop

Yup, was banging the drum for that one when it came out :) 

You're right it's not groundbreaking (I thought very Shura, Anteros vibes) but really enjoyed it. It's one of the albums from this year I've been going back to.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

New Diet Cig album going to be my first listen this morning

Got it queued up after Car Seat Headrest. I'm going into that with a fair amount of trepidation but I know I need to listen to it first today so I can concentrate on the other stuff after. 

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Got it queued up after Car Seat Headrest. I'm going into that with a fair amount of trepidation but I know I need to listen to it first today so I can concentrate on the other stuff after. 

Can't decide whether I'm fussed about listening to CSH or not.  Despite being at home I'm miles behind on new releases this year so I've got a big old queue to get through.  Might be cutting a few...

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

Yeah in terms of actual output I don't mind as they've served us well for that in the past, it'd be nice for them to bring something out that made their ticket prices seem reasonable enough for me to got for though.

Have you forgotten White, EWBAITE and Hurley? All well-received. If you’re holding out for a return to 10/10 classics you may be as well cutting your losses now - even Pinkerton famously took years to be widely assessed as a good album.

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yup, was banging the drum for that one when it came out :) 

You're right it's not groundbreaking (I thought very Shura, Anteros vibes) but really enjoyed it. It's one of the albums from this year I've been going back to.

I def remember you banging the drum for Yumi Zouma a few weeks ago and forgot to thank you for the tip 😃  Had never heard of them before, but have listened to it loads and is now one of my favs from this year.  Really nice vibe.  Cheers 👍

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Have you forgotten White, EWBAITE and Hurley? All well-received. If you’re holding out for a return to 10/10 classics you may be as well cutting your losses now - even Pinkerton famously took years to be widely assessed as a good album.

Was Hurley well received? I thought everyone thought it was bang average 5/10. I liked EWBAITE (despite it having The British Are Coming) and to be fair had forgotten about the White Album. They hardly had a great decade of music though when you factor in the last 3 albums.

They're still having fun and I don't begrudge them for their recent output but considering their hesitance to play the big farm it'd just be nice (for me) if they brought something out I liked enough to throw down 50-60 quid to see them again.

They're still capable of throwing down a banga though which is why I'm keeping tabs on the new album and brought them up at all.