2020 New Music

dentalplan

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yep, enjoying this a lot. Cribs had always completely passed me by, for some reason I had completely written them off in my head and never listened to them. Since Running Into You came out I've been really looking forward to this.

I think sadly this is the case for a lot of people as they incorrectly got dumped in the ‘Indie Landfill’ scene of the mid/late 00’s. There is so much more to them than that - 8 albums in and still sounding as good and fresh as ever. 

Gizzard album is great, better than I'd hoped for. Gave Tired Lion's new one a go and its decent enough but I spent most of it itching to get back to gizz and the cribs so I'll give it another run out later in the week. its great pop-rock though and I like her voice, fits in with some of the other late90s/early00s stuff that's been getting about recently.

New Cribs album is superb as expected, the best of a busy new music Friday!

Highly recommend the debut EP, And Other Things, from Routine (members of Chastity Belt and Jay Som.)  Bad Nerves debut album is enjoyable enough pop punk kinda thing.

New single "I Don't Care" from Glasgow band Spyres is a great track too, indie/pop rock.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Gizzard album is great, better than I'd hoped for. Gave Tired Lion's new one a go and its decent enough but I spent most of it itching to get back to gizz and the cribs so I'll give it another run out later in the week. its great pop-rock though and I like her voice, fits in with some of the other late90s/early00s stuff that's been getting about recently.

Never heard of Tired Lion before, good shout. With you, I'm liking that late 90s sound that's coming through atm.

I like this.

Just now, Quark said:

Never heard of Tired Lion before, good shout. With you, I'm liking that late 90s sound that's coming through atm.

I like this.

Tired Lion were well ahead of the curve with social distance gigs, I saw them at Gullivers with about 10 other people back in 2016 ahah (I was only there for the support act as well who played to me, my mate and one other person).

Just now, priest17 said:

Tired Lion were well ahead of the curve with social distance gigs, I saw them at Gullivers with about 10 other people back in 2016 ahah (I was only there for the support act as well who played to me, my mate and one other person).

Ha, proper support act crowd :D

26 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not 2020 obvs but that "new" Charles Mingus album from Bremen in 64 is smoking. 

Colour me interested. My brother got me a copy of Mingus Ah Um when I was a student and loved it, but always the kind of thing I forget I like if that makes sense.

Will have a listen 

On 11/20/2020 at 7:01 PM, dentalplan said:

Pretty fat chorus on this new one from Scientist and the lads.

Good fun that, this is what Royal Blood should have been aiming to release.

I don't think I ever got to see WAS back in the day so I'd welcome them back with open arms

EDIT: although thinking about it they never really went away did they, I was just at Denzel Curry when they were in manchester last December. Feels like so long since I've seen anyone live ahah

Edited by priest17

On 11/20/2020 at 9:05 AM, FloorFiller said:

New Miley/Dua Lipa song is a bit of a let down. Feels like it should go off at any moment and then never does. Hopefully there’s better coming on the album:

I've pretty much had this on repeat since it came out, think it's an absolute banger myself