Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Front Bottoms Terrible name and derivative as fuck. No redeeming qualities at all Don't bother.  

Ditto. Either We're missing something or Homer's running a bit behind. @Homer while you're on Spotify check out "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk. Sound of the summer that.

Just when you think 2020 couldn't get any worse.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

New Springsteen album and Martha Hill EP out today.

Got Spingsteen in my pile, along with Faithless and Slow Readers Club.

What's the word on Brucie @Gnomicide? Have no doubt you've heard it 3 times already. Decent?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quark said:

Got Spingsteen in my pile, along with Faithless and Slow Readers Club.

What's the word on Brucie @Gnomicide? Have no doubt you've heard it 3 times already. Decent?

A couple of ploddy mid tempo tunes but 3 songs on there that are from the early 70s and excellent. Janey Needs a Shooter, If I Was the Priest and Song for Orphans which are fairly classic Bruce.

Not a lot on there to convert the Bruce haters mind you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Nal said:

A couple of ploddy mid tempo tunes but 3 songs on there that are from the early 70s and excellent. Janey Needs a Shooter, If I Was the Priest and Song for Orphans which are fairly classic Bruce.

Not a lot on there to convert the Bruce haters mind you. 

Works for me.  Like the singles I've heard so far, so reckon I'll be enjoying this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Works for me.  Like the singles I've heard so far, so reckon I'll be enjoying this one.

The older tunes really stand out because they're so wordy. Very early Bruce vibe off them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The older tunes really stand out because they're so wordy. Very early Bruce vibe off them. 

Just finishing the House Gospel Choir album, was going to check out SRC next but think I'll move Bruce to the top of the pile.  You have my attention!

Edited by Quark
Link to post
Share on other sites

That Gorillaz album is great, was worried it'd be a bit stuffed and that I'd already heard too much of it but neither issue occurred. I think there's gonna be some people that go looking for more Peggy off the back of it that are gonna be surprised (disappointed, even) with his solo stuff ahah. Wish they'd come back with that instead of Humanz. Get 'em headlining again.

Edited by priest17
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Quark said:

Got Spingsteen in my pile, along with Faithless and Slow Readers Club.

What's the word on Brucie @Gnomicide? Have no doubt you've heard it 3 times already. Decent?

Came yesterday, a day early, which was nice. It's ace. As has been said, it ain't winning over any new fans but if you like Springsteen, you'll love this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, priest17 said:

That Gorillaz album is great, was worried it'd be a bit stuffed and that I'd already heard too much of it but neither issue occurred. I think there's gonna be some people that go looking for more Peggy off the back of it that are gonna be surprised (disappointed, even) with his solo stuff ahah. Wish they'd come back with that instead of Humanz. Get 'em headlining again.

Good words. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Came yesterday, a day early, which was nice. It's ace. As has been said, it ain't winning over any new fans but if you like Springsteen, you'll love this. 

Yeah, I loved it on first listen this morning. Can't wait to give it another go as soon as I'm finished with work. 

Just makes me sad when I consider how long it might be before we get to hear any of them live, in a stadium, full E Street Band on stage and Bruce tearing down the house.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Clipping late night set on the Hell stage please Eavis.

pity they're probably too big for that train stage (or are they?)

new album is incredible. Wanted to see them for years and haven't yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Working my way through the new CDs and vinyl that turned up today.

Nothing But Thieves & Slow Readers Club, both excellent -  SRC reminds me of the first albums stuff on initial listen (not a bad thing), NBT is a much stronger album than their second one.

Currently enjoying the I Don't Know How But They Found Me (unashamed pop,but I like it)

Still got Palace Winter and Melody Gardot to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a busy day with meetings so just getting a chance to listen to stuff now. Had The Boss on while I'm sorting dinner. 

Love it, love it, love it. I was a fan of Western Stars but this is another level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered the new Sufjan Stevens album on vinyl a few weeks ago & it still hasn't arrived. Spoke to my local record shop today & apparently they are not sending any more as there's a problem with the pressing (it jumps apparently). Has anyone got it on vinyl & if so, any problem with it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...