2020 New Music

dentalplan

Two new Beans on Toast albums out today. One is a lockdown album (The Unforeseeable Future), the other not (Knee Deep In Nostalgia).

I'm waiting for the vinyls to arrive before listening but many tracks have been released throughout the year or previewed on live streams.

Trying to go back and pick up some of the dregs that I missed earlier in the year - I've decided I'm not intellectual enough to like clipping. I feel like I should like their record but it just sounds like noise to me...

However, I did also check out the Tkay Maizda EP and it slaps - might even slightly edge out the Denzel Curry x Kenny Beats for my EPOTY

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

VBoys with no guitars at all was something I would not have put on my Christmas list but it sounds good. Well looking forward to this album, and also the third video to find out what happens to Sebastian next.

Very different to the last single, definite Talking Heads vibe. Love this band.

23 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Two new Beans on Toast albums out today. One is a lockdown album (The Unforeseeable Future), the other not (Knee Deep In Nostalgia).

I'm waiting for the vinyls to arrive before listening but many tracks have been released throughout the year or previewed on live streams.

Got Each Other had me wiping tears on every live stream and every listen since yesterday!

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Been a bit slack on new stuff recently but these are two cracking tracks from Beach Bunny and Youth Sector.

Oooh Beach Bunny were one of my discoveries of this year thanks to you but I thought their album was older but I have just discovered it was released this year so thanks for making my album of the year list even more difficult hummph!! 

No seriously thanks for the good work!! Love them!! :D 

50 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Oooh Beach Bunny were one of my discoveries of this year thanks to you but I thought their album was older but I have just discovered it was released this year so thanks for making my album of the year list even more difficult hummph!! 

No seriously thanks for the good work!! Love them!! :D 

Happy to help / confuse matters :lol:

The recommendations network on here is just amazing. 

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Happy to help / confuse matters :lol:

The recommendations network on here is just amazing. 

It is and just read your list and thought and you are right I have listened to absolutely loads of great stuff as a result but I don't know if lockdown has changed my listening habits or not having gigs to go to but I have listened to lots and moved on so definitely going to find it tricky to do my top 10. Usually if I am going to see someone I'll listen to the album quite intensely before going so that I am familiar with it. I'm currently re-listening to lots to see what will make the cut which means I'm not listening to any new ones for a while yet!! 

I also realised I have bought at least 47 new pieces of vinyl so far this year. There may be more as I only started logging them on Discogs about halfway through the year!