2020 New Music

dentalplan

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Miley is great - leaning heavily in to the 80s rock aesthetic and I’m here for it. Pretty obviously her best album just from a couple of listens through.

Enjoyed it on first listen. The track with Dua is a bit of a grower. Midnight Sky is one of the tracks of the year IMO. Thought I must say the Edge of Seventeen mashup that's on Spotify is an abomination. 

Lars Finberg (head honcho of The Intelligence, drummer on Carrion Crawler/The Dream (irrelevant to this I just found that out recently)) has just dropped a solo album today and its pretty good! It's not gonna trouble ya AOTY list but its a nice lil head bobber for a Friday morn.

After seeing the reviews, album length and just generally knowing what Corgan churns out these days I was expecting to hate the new Pumpkins one, but to my surprise I actually quite enjoyed it.

I mean, the album length is still a problem as it’s twice as long as it needed to be as a lot of it treads very similar territory, but it had my attention for far longer than it had any right to, I didn’t actively hate any of the songs (well... maybe a bit towards the end), and I’m not sure if it’s just because it was the first rocker amongst a lot of syrupy synthy stuff, but Wyttch sounded genuinely great to me. 

I’ll be coming back to this a fair bit, which is definitely not something I thought I’d be doing with a latter day Pumpkins album, and especially not this one. 

New AK/DK album out. Seen them a couple of times and they shared a stage with Snapped Ankles at EoTR a few years ago. Two blokes, two drum kits and two synths. Love this stuff and have also put a link to a improv live session they did which is just epic.

Edited by Copperface

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

New AK/DK album out. Seen them a couple of times and they shared a stage with Snapped Ankles at EoTR a few years ago. Two blokes, two drum kits and two synths. Love this stuff and have also put a link to a improv live session they did which is just epic.

My mates always banging on about these but I refuse to listen to them as I hate the band name so much.