2020 New Music

dentalplan

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Got Spingsteen in my pile, along with Faithless and Slow Readers Club.

What's the word on Brucie @Gnomicide? Have no doubt you've heard it 3 times already. Decent?

A couple of ploddy mid tempo tunes but 3 songs on there that are from the early 70s and excellent. Janey Needs a Shooter, If I Was the Priest and Song for Orphans which are fairly classic Bruce.

Not a lot on there to convert the Bruce haters mind you. 

Just now, The Nal said:

A couple of ploddy mid tempo tunes but 3 songs on there that are from the early 70s and excellent. Janey Needs a Shooter, If I Was the Priest and Song for Orphans which are fairly classic Bruce.

Not a lot on there to convert the Bruce haters mind you. 

Works for me.  Like the singles I've heard so far, so reckon I'll be enjoying this one.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The older tunes really stand out because they're so wordy. Very early Bruce vibe off them. 

Just finishing the House Gospel Choir album, was going to check out SRC next but think I'll move Bruce to the top of the pile.  You have my attention!

Edited by Quark

That Gorillaz album is great, was worried it'd be a bit stuffed and that I'd already heard too much of it but neither issue occurred. I think there's gonna be some people that go looking for more Peggy off the back of it that are gonna be surprised (disappointed, even) with his solo stuff ahah. Wish they'd come back with that instead of Humanz. Get 'em headlining again.

Edited by priest17
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Got Spingsteen in my pile, along with Faithless and Slow Readers Club.

What's the word on Brucie @Gnomicide? Have no doubt you've heard it 3 times already. Decent?

Came yesterday, a day early, which was nice. It's ace. As has been said, it ain't winning over any new fans but if you like Springsteen, you'll love this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

That Gorillaz album is great, was worried it'd be a bit stuffed and that I'd already heard too much of it but neither issue occurred. I think there's gonna be some people that go looking for more Peggy off the back of it that are gonna be surprised (disappointed, even) with his solo stuff ahah. Wish they'd come back with that instead of Humanz. Get 'em headlining again.

Good words. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Came yesterday, a day early, which was nice. It's ace. As has been said, it ain't winning over any new fans but if you like Springsteen, you'll love this. 

Yeah, I loved it on first listen this morning. Can't wait to give it another go as soon as I'm finished with work. 

Just makes me sad when I consider how long it might be before we get to hear any of them live, in a stadium, full E Street Band on stage and Bruce tearing down the house.

• Like 1

Working my way through the new CDs and vinyl that turned up today.

Nothing But Thieves & Slow Readers Club, both excellent -  SRC reminds me of the first albums stuff on initial listen (not a bad thing), NBT is a much stronger album than their second one.

Currently enjoying the I Don't Know How But They Found Me (unashamed pop,but I like it)

Still got Palace Winter and Melody Gardot to go.