2020 New Music

dentalplan

Ive just gone through the full thread as I've not really been up on new music this year my favourite album of the year so far didn't get a mention so I thought I'd give it a shout out despite it being released a few months back 

TTRRUUCES - TTRRUCCES

and the most recent single from it 

Greg Puciato (formally of Dillinger Escape Plan) released his solo album over the weekend and it’s pretty fucking great. Real mixed bag of genres, going from a slow acoustic strummer one song, to a dirge of industrial metal the next, and then on to a synth pop ballad with the next song, but it should be a must listen for those of you with an ear for heavier stuff - think NIN but even more extreme on either end of the pop/heavy spectrums.

On 10/11/2020 at 12:25 AM, thurlow84 said:

Ive just gone through the full thread as I've not really been up on new music this year my favourite album of the year so far didn't get a mention so I thought I'd give it a shout out despite it being released a few months back 

TTRRUUCES - TTRRUCCES

and the most recent single from it 

Nice to see you pop yer head up pal :)

On 10/9/2020 at 11:53 AM, Quark said:

Added to the list then!

OK so I got through both albums this weekend and they are both pretty decent. The Wilkinson + Sub Focus one is pretty standard dnb, think they sample Glue by Bicep on one of the tracks... The Machinedrum one is a lot more eclectic, goes through a bunch of styles with varying degrees of success

As this has been a bit quieter for releases I've been able to catch up on some of the stuff I missed. Whoever it was that suggested the India Jordan EP (i think it was someone on here?) - its fucking banging so thank you

19 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

OK so I got through both albums this weekend and they are both pretty decent. The Wilkinson + Sub Focus one is pretty standard dnb, think they sample Glue by Bicep on one of the tracks... The Machinedrum one is a lot more eclectic, goes through a bunch of styles with varying degrees of success

As this has been a bit quieter for releases I've been able to catch up on some of the stuff I missed. Whoever it was that suggested the India Jordan EP (i think it was someone on here?) - its fucking banging so thank you

I started the Machinedrum one and it didn't grab me, will give it another visit.  Not tried the Wilkinson yet so might give that a spin this morning

EDIT: Love the Wilkinson + Sub Focus album

Edited by Quark

6 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Just got round to listening to Working mens club. Fantastic album, 'Valleys' in particular is the best new music I have heard in a long time. Joy division/stone roses/orbital combined.

Second this, I went in knowing barely anything about them. Someone recommended it after I mentioned I had been listening to a load of Joy Division and New Order recently.

Been watching a few clips of them live since and will definitely make the effort to go and see them when it's safe to. 

• Upvote 1

New single by Wren Kitz which is great, especially if you're into guitars and gently nodding your head.

https://sophomorelounge.bandcamp.com/track/shrouds

OHMME also have a couple of new tunes out (as in the b-side to this can be found on bandcamp and spotify). They already released one of my favourite albums of the year so this is very welcome and very fucking good.