2020 New Music

dentalplan

Goddamn is the new Roisin Murphy album good. All disco bangers and made for the club; could feel my jaw clenching throughout.

Think somebody may have posted about him earlier in here but Bartees Strange’s album is out today and it’s very good, although the already released single Mustang is the immediate standout as it’s just a huge banger. 

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Another great release week this week, I might not even get time to put myself through the new Corey "motherfucking" Taylor album

I got three tracks in and had to turn it off. I’ll come back to it eventually as I want to bask in all its awfulness, but it was far too early in the morning to listen to 14 tracks of the guy from Slipknot doing a weird hard rock/country Meatloaf impression. 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I got three tracks in and had to turn it off. I’ll come back to it eventually as I want to bask in all its awfulness, but it was far too early in the morning to listen to 14 tracks of the guy from Slipknot doing a weird hard rock/country Meatloaf impression. 

That description has done nothing to deter me, I don't know why I hate myself so

44 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

New Groove Armada album is terrible.  The 4 or 5 tracks I could bear to listen to.  Back to Little Black Book, miles better.  It feels like they tried to make some mainstream music they didn't believe in.

Got it on now and don't quite share these sentiments. Certainly not the standard of previous albums though. 

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I love me some Booka Shade:

The "Dear Future Self" release completely passed me by in May but I've been obsessed with them recently. Very tempted by their London date. 

Disclaimer: It's worth noting that GA are one of my favourite acts of all time so anything I say about them should be taken with a pinch of salt. 

Edited by zeppelin
Added disclaimer.