2020 New Music

dentalplan

26 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

New Deftones is great. Had it on repeat all afternoon and not even bothered with Idles yet. Nice little moment of calm halfway through where some seagulls make a guest appearance and the synth goes all Twin Peaks

Yeah I've been digging Deftones over Idles today. Big fan straight away, can see it creeping up my most listened to album of the year list

25 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

New Sylvan Esso is great (never heard of them before but the more upbeat stuff is a perfect combo imo)

I haven't got round to Sufjan yet but Sylvan Esso's new one is definitely the pick of Friday's releases for me. A bit more subdued than the previous two albums but it's still really good. I recommend checking out their other albums, What Now in particular is excellent and seems very up your street.

New Thurston Moore album 'By the Fire' is the dogs danglies. Just be aware that several of the tracks are about 10 minutes long, but it doesn't feel bloated......Great review from NME as well.

https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/thurston-moore-by-the-fire-review-2759374

Liking the new Hen Ogledd as well.........

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

New Thurston Moore album 'By the Fire' is the dogs danglies. Just be aware that several of the tracks are about 10 minutes long, but it doesn't feel bloated......Great review from NME as well.

https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/thurston-moore-by-the-fire-review-2759374

Yep had been meaning to post this. Can’t say I’ve really bothered with much/any of his solo stuff before but saw this one getting some great write ups so decided to check it out and I’m glad I did. Definitely one or two overlong jam-type bits that could’ve been cut (looking at you Locamotives) but otherwise it’s some good good stuff.

Right. I've got some time this week so I need to do a sweep of this thread to mop up all the albums I've missed recently; feel like I've not listened to anything new for ages.

In case anyone is interested and it hasn't been mentioned though, Groove Armada are doing a playthrough of their new album on Facebook on Thursday evening. Really excited to hear it but at the same time nervous as I wasn't massively into the last tune they released.

16 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Right. I've got some time this week so I need to do a sweep of this thread to mop up all the albums I've missed recently; feel like I've not listened to anything new for ages.

In case anyone is interested and it hasn't been mentioned though, Groove Armada are doing a playthrough of their new album on Facebook on Thursday evening. Really excited to hear it but at the same time nervous as I wasn't massively into the last tune they released.

Just been listening to the new Will Butler album and it’s fantastic. 

Thanks for the GA heads up!