2020 New Music

dentalplan

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Me and the AF Gang are already printing our 'I want to cater for the haters, eat shit' tees

I'm still in that group but I had to unfollow them coz I was sick of videos of children singing IDLES, thought I'd pop in and see what they think:

image.png.ea09a4bb68f64471a89ee4a5e537fc18.png

I'm not so sure about that buddy. 

I just finished the album and there's some top stuff on there, some not so great stuff as well. He nailed the lyrics on album one, was charming enough to make it work on album 2 but its waning thin now as others have noted. Some of it will sound great live though and Hymn is still fucking top.

9 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'm still in that group but I had to unfollow them coz I was sick of videos of children singing IDLES, thought I'd pop in and see what they think:

image.png.ea09a4bb68f64471a89ee4a5e537fc18.png

I'm not so sure about that buddy. 

I just finished the album and there's some top stuff on there, some not so great stuff as well. He nailed the lyrics on album one, was charming enough to make it work on album 2 but its waning thin now as others have noted. Some of it will sound great live though and Hymn is still fucking top.

Basically how I feel as well. The band seem to be in the best form they've been in it's mainly the lyrics I find grating, I get big Shellac and Mclusky vibes from some tracks.

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Ah should i take it off my list then :D 

ahah I didn't even clock your post, it was alright but it was pretty plain, now the excitement about them has worn off there's just not a lot left for me. Couple of decent tracks here and there, I wouldn't prioritise it.

24 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Seems Cabbage have a new album out today. Have added it to my list. 

24 minutes ago, priest17 said:

So many great albums out today and I just wasted 38 minutes listening to the new Cabbage album. 

They giveth and taketh away 

9 minutes ago, st dan said:

Was excited about the whole load of releases discussed today, but I must admit I feel slightly disappointed with them all on first listen. Maybe expectations were too high, or I’m just not in the right mood, but something just seemed a bit off with them all. 

Seems like an analogy of 2020. We all went in with high hopes and it just hasn't quite hit the mark. Admittedly 2020 has been so far off the mark that it's like another planet!!

Yes I was really excited about Idles but feel they previewed the best of it. Deftones so far not really doing it for me either. Doesn't help that Friday is a busy calls day for me at work so constantly being interrupted. 

• Upvote 1

Posted some Heavy Salad stuff a while ago but their debut came out today and its a really good listen. Just found out it was produced by Christophe Bride and Ross Orton as well which is pretty cool. They've got a backing band called The Priestesses and track 7 is called This Song Is Not About Lizards. What are you waiting for? If you're after a fun enough album from a young Manchester band I'd have this over Cabbage's any day. 

55 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Seems like an analogy of 2020. We all went in with high hopes and it just hasn't quite hit the mark. Admittedly 2020 has been so far off the mark that it's like another planet!!

Yes I was really excited about Idles but feel they previewed the best of it. Deftones so far not really doing it for me either. Doesn't help that Friday is a busy calls day for me at work so constantly being interrupted. 

Same goes for Sufjan Stevens. Not really feeling that album at first listen.

This week gave us a cracking Fleet Foxes album though. That stuff is excellent.