2020 New Music

dentalplan

I’m quite liking Ultra Mono, not loving mind, just... quite liking.

No real anthems, or ‘bangers’ in the parlance of today’s kids, more a steady flow of toe tappers. 

A perfectly serviceable way to pass a bus ride :)

For context I loved the first 2 long players.

Edited by John the Moth
Auto correct seems to be set to Welsh

New Deftones is brilliant. Gonna play the hell out of it.

Sufjan is also brilliant, although perhaps a bit too sprawling and one note in places, even for Sufjan. If you liked his Planetarium album (which I really did) then this is for you - if you found it a bit overlong, then you’ll probably feel the same here. Some incredible stuff amongst it all though. 

Liked Idles more than I was expecting to. It’s not gonna win over a single person who wasn’t already a fan, and the silly lyrics schtick is starting to wear thin in places, but it’s basically just more of the same which, for now, I’m good with. Be interested to see where they go from here as I can’t imagine their sound is gonna play for much longer without them becoming a parody of themselves.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

New Deftones is brilliant. Gonna play the hell out of it.

Sufjan is also brilliant, although perhaps a bit too sprawling and one note in places, even for Sufjan. If you liked his Planetarium album (which I really did) then this is for you - if you found it a bit overlong, then you’ll probably feel the same here. Some incredible stuff amongst it all though. 

Wait, what?? There's new Deftones? On the same day as IDLES*? Jesus wept. What a day. 

*Obviously I love this. But I'm one of those die-hards they don't even have to try for. Which is not unlike how I used to feel about Deftones...

Edited by Sasperella

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Today is looking pretty damn good.  IDLES, Deftones, Kolsch, Sylvan Esso, Sufjan Stevens, plus Alicia Keys that I missed last week.

Your list is looking a bit short mate, can I also recommend Hen Ogledd's new album for some northern Avant Garde pop fun.

There's a few others I've got my eye but there's plenty of week for that. Got The Hives live at third man records album earmarked to walk to the train station with later as well.

23 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Your list is looking a bit short mate, can I also recommend Hen Ogledd's new album for some northern Avant Garde pop fun.

There's a few others I've got my eye but there's plenty of week for that. Got The Hives live at third man records album earmarked to walk to the train station with later as well.

I'll give Hen Oglesdd a go, think it was you that recommended a track a while back ? It didn't grab me at first, but I'll find space!

Just now, Quark said:

I'll give Hen Oglesdd a go, think it was you that recommended a track a while back ? It didn't grab me at first, but I'll find space!

Probably, I bang on about them a lot and none of my mates are havin' it so that gets transferred to here generally.

I just found out its 80 minutes long though so maybe not for the feint hearted ahah.