2020 New Music

dentalplan

New The Cribs tune out tomorrow.

Great interview with them here about how they've had a shit couple of years having to become amateur business men and how Dave Grohl gave them hope which is surely his greatest gift to music since Nirvana

https://diymag.com/2020/09/18/the-renewed-fellas-the-cribs-september-2020-night-network-interview

I’m loving The Flaming Lips American Head, very very druggy

One of my faves of the year Ray LaMontagne Monovision

Good punky folk with attitude, Stick in the Wheel with Hold Fast

The Stones Goats Head Soup is a super revamped edition

The Strokes New Abnormal is surprisingly good I reckon, took quite a few listens to come to that conclusion

13 hours ago, priest17 said:

New The Cribs tune out tomorrow.

Great interview with them here about how they've had a shit couple of years having to become amateur business men and how Dave Grohl gave them hope which is surely his greatest gift to music since Nirvana

https://diymag.com/2020/09/18/the-renewed-fellas-the-cribs-september-2020-night-network-interview

Thank for posting, interesting read. 

Looking forward to the new album. I’ve always had a soft spot for The Cribs, Men’s Needs, Women’s Needs... was released when I first moved to London, reminds me of some great times. 

25 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Running Into You is pretty good but this is another level. Really hyped for this new album.

Running Into You is way up there for me but yeah I love this as well. They need to get Lee Ronaldo in for a whole album at some point. Wanna preorder the album but dunno what my living situation will be at that point so gonna leave it. 

They're such a fucking consistent band, if you're into the sound you know they'll deliver. Hard to think of many that touch them for quality and quantity over the last 2 decades for me.

I will now start my 77 slide presentation about why it's bullshit they were included in the indie landfill article...

14 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Finding it wonderful. I loved crack up but it definitely lacked in some melody.

Seems like it was a bit more of a Robin solo project (kind of explains the fewer harmonies) 

Yep Crack-Up is great but this is more of a return to the more tuneful first album and I’m all for it. Really really liking this after my first listen through.