2020 New Music

dentalplan

Just now, nikkic said:

What are the pros of Deezer compared to Spotify? 

Well for me I got a year's subscription included when Mrs Q got me a Sonos! And it's been good enough for me to stay there.

Those more in the know seem to think that Deezer's recommendations and logarithms are a bit better than Spotify, but not having run both I couldn't comment.

It's very rare I'll not be able to find something I want on Deezer but is available on Spotify, so the music selection seems to be pretty much the same.

If you're interested in artist revenue Deezer offers a slightly better streaming payment rate to Spotify, but it's still not great. It's like being kicked in the arse instead of the balls; it hurts less but at the end of the day you're still getting kicked!

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

What are the pros of Deezer compared to Spotify? 

I got a great deal on it with Sonos where I basically got a year for free when I started. It's not really any different to Spotify and they pay slightly more to the artists so that's a slight bonus for me. 

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

This week seems quite quiet but next Friday is absolutely stacked. Deftones, Sufjan, Idles, Sylvan Esso, Anna von Hausswolff, Will Butler and more.

Cool I have time to catch up on the last couple of weeks ready for next week. Really looking forward to some of these and I've had a vinyl order that has been held up by the Idles release so I should be getting shiny new vinyl next week as well. 

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

This week seems quite quiet but next Friday is absolutely stacked. Deftones, Sufjan, Idles, Sylvan Esso, Anna von Hausswolff, Will Butler and more.

Yep, two of my most anticipated albums of the year from two of my favourite artists and then a heap of other great stuff. Can’t wait!

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic. I might be alone in this, but I quite liked the new wave direction they've gone in for these tracks. 

Not got to their new stuff yet, know it's been out a while but just forgot! I'll have a listen.

It's really hard to tell with Corgan.  I really liked some of the stuff off Shiny & Oh So Bright, but it's always a bit hit and miss!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Like the snow we fall ... new release from October drift .... thoughts ? 

https://orcd.co/likethesnowwefall

It's...ok.  I suppose they're limited with what they've been able to do with studio time etc, hence the acoustic EP coming up, but I think they really thrive when they can hit that big sound.  It sounds like a band filling time until they can get back to doing what they do; understandable in circumstances, but not something that's pulling me back in for more listens.

We'll see what the EP's like.