2020 New Music

dentalplan

Everything Everything is OK.  Probably not one I'll revisit tbh, really like the Violent Sun single but that's very different to the rest of the album.  Not really a follower of EE so I'm not 100% sure, but I reckon that the album's more like their usual sound and I just like the radio friendly single :lol:

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmm. Not revisited it in a while but I recall digging Embryonic. Seem to remember Worm Mountain splitting my skull open at G10.

Fair enough, G10 & G17 are both in my top ten Glasto sets of all time.

Most Lips albums have one or two duff tracks - I don't think American Head has any filler! Only on my third listen tho, so maybe I'm going overboard!

On 9/10/2020 at 4:37 PM, Punksnotdead said:

I like it too. Anyone know if it's a stand alone track or if there's a new album in the pipeline?

I do agree it could do with a Hooky bassline on it. C'mon guys, with all the shit going on in the world, time to kiss and make up & become the real New Order again!!!

No idea on new album as this just turned up out of the blue. They have seemed more occupied eith re-issues recently and the Joy Division anniversaries. They also have a collaboration with Adidas SPZL coming out soon, hopefully that will include new music.

As for Hooky, his time has gone and there is no going back. New Order would not wxist as an entity if Hooky had not left. Tom Chapman is a very capable bassist, no idea why his bass is so low in the mix on this tune. Usually there would be a big booming synth bassline running through the tune to accompany the bassist. There is nothing on this tune sadly.

Just now, eastynh said:

No idea on new album as this just turned up out of the blue. They have seemed more occupied eith re-issues recently and the Joy Division anniversaries. They also have a collaboration with Adidas SPZL coming out soon, hopefully that will include new music.

As for Hooky, his time has gone and there is no going back. New Order would not exist as an entity if Hooky had not left. Tom Chapman is a very capable bassist, no idea why his bass is so low in the mix on this tune. Usually there would be a big booming synth bassline running through the tune to accompany the bassist. There is nothing on this tune sadly.

Liking the Flaming Lips new album. Also really like the new Declan McKenna album from the week before. Still to get round to listening to the new Doves album, but have liked their last few singles so have high hopes for it.

Noticed a few people earlier on this thread saying they liked the new Killers album more than their previous stuff. I wonder if it's because it's produced by Jonathon Rado. I quite like the sound of a lot of the music he's produced. 
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8461801/jonathan-rado-producer-indie-rock

Fair play to The Avalanches causing havoc with publications who release their AOTY lists in November by releasing their album two weeks before Christmas. Nice to have something else at that time of the year to go alongside the festive Sufjan albums. 

Edit: I've just seen that it's 25 songs which even including interludes seems a bit wild, though I suppose the other two albums are a bit like that too.

Edited by kingcrawler

12 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Fair play to The Avalanches causing havoc with publications who release their AOTY lists in November by releasing their album two weeks before Christmas. Nice to have something else at that time of the year to go alongside the festive Sufjan albums. 

Edit: I've just seen that it's 25 songs which even including interludes seems a bit wild, though I suppose the other two albums are a bit like that too.

There’s the starts of solid Glastonbury line-up from the features on this album alone.

16 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

Any independent record stores to recommend that ship to Spain? 

Try here - https://www.juno.co.uk/

I used them for the Love Records day a few months back. Used them again a couple of times since for stuff I've not been able to get in Sweden. Every time they dispatch within around 24 hours and it takes around 5-7 days max to arrive. Highly recommended.

• Like 1