2020 New Music

dentalplan

Catching up so I've got a few new ones to add!

New single from Palace. It's very definitely Palace, so I like it!  If you don't like Palace, you probably won't :lol:

New single from Slow Readers Club, first release from new album coming in October. Slower than some of their last singles, really like this.

Brighton guitar lads Nature TV:

And last one, Hiro Ama (drummer from Teleman) has released a solo electronica EP, very different from his Teleman work. Love this track.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I like that, his voice works over electronicy stuff whenever I hear it. They've announced the tracklist for the full album, out October 23rd. Wonder how they'll all sound together, looks like some juicey ones on the horizon, hopefully none of them are disappointing (besides the peggy one, obviously)

1. “Strange Timez” Feat. Robert Smith
2. “The Valley Of The Pagans” Feat. Beck
3. “The Lost Chord” Feat. Leee John
4. “Pac-Man” Feat. Schoolboy Q
5. “Chalk Tablet Towers” Feat. St. Vincent
6. “The Pink Phantom” Feat. Elton John & 6lack
7. “Aries” Feat. Peter Hook and Georgia
8. “Friday 13th” Feat. Octavian
9. “Dead Butterflies” Feat. Kano & Rosani Arias
10. “Désolé [Extended Version]” Feat. Fatoumata Diawara
11. “Momentary Bliss” Feat. Slowthai and Slaves
12. “Opium” Feat. Earthgang
13. “Simplicity” Feat. Joan As Police Woman
14. “Severed Head” Feat. Goldlink and Unknown Mortal Orchestra
15. “With Love to An Ex” Feat. Moonchild Sanelly
16. “MLS” Feat. Jpegmafia and Chai
17. “How Far?” Feat. Tony Allen and Skepta

On 9/8/2020 at 11:15 AM, priest17 said:

New New (New²?) Order. I like it. Others have said its a bit too like Electronic but that's no bad thing to this guy

I like it too. Anyone know if it's a stand alone track or if there's a new album in the pipeline?

I do agree it could do with a Hooky bassline on it. C'mon guys, with all the shit going on in the world, time to kiss and make up & become the real New Order again!!!

3 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I do agree it could do with a Hooky bassline on it. C'mon guys, with all the shit going on in the world, time to kiss and make up & become the real New Order again!!!

Read an interview with Terry, Lynval and Horace from the Specials a while back when that question came up about patching things up with Jerry and Roddy.  I think it was Lynval who said they get asked that all the time and it pisses them off.  The way he described it (ish) was along the lines of having an acrimonious divorce, and then people asking you to come to a party with your ex so it's like the old days.

Know what you mean, but I get why things like that are not as simple as the fans would want

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

Read an interview with Terry, Lynval and Horace from the Specials a while back when that question came up about patching things up with Jerry and Roddy.  I think it was Lynval who said they get asked that all the time and it pisses them off.  The way he described it (ish) was along the lines of having an acrimonious divorce, and then people asking you to come to a party with your ex so it's like the old days.

Know what you mean, but I get why things like that are not as simple as the fans would want

Oh I know there's virtually no chance of it happening, but with all the heartbreak they've suffered (Curtis, Hannett, Wilson, Gretton & recently Denise Johnson), I still hope they could bury the hatchet & think life's too short!

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Might even give the new Marilyn Manson ago later for a giggle. Not expecting much tbh

I was just about say at least one of us on here had to. One of the singles awful.

Nothing to add to the above really. Might give Matt Costa's new one a go if I find myself wanting some mild indie. Might hit up Babymetal's live album. Putting all my chips on Doves really, been hammering Carousels recently.