2020 New Music

dentalplan

16 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I love Biffy but that’s terrible and as woefully misjudged as Frank Turner’s ‘I’m going to voice women from history’ project.

Looking forward to Doves and Everything Everything’s new albums this month. Enjoying Martha Hill, Dream Nails and I Like Trains.

Still don't get the beef with this, I for one wouldn't have heard of most of the women / their stories if not.

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They changed the word ‘pussy’ to ‘Biffy’, because the guy’s name is Biffy Clyro. It’s not a serious statement, just an unexpected and amusing jokey thing, a take on a sexually charged pop song from the least sexy band in Britain. Lighten up nerds.

I can't tell if you're joking or not while you're wearing that hat

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They changed the word ‘pussy’ to ‘Biffy’, because the guy’s name is Biffy Clyro. It’s not a serious statement, just an unexpected and amusing jokey thing, a take on a sexually charged pop song from the least sexy band in Britain. Lighten up nerds.

It's more that it just sounds bad tbh. I get the live lounge thing had always been about covering stuff beyond your norm; who can forget the classic Pigeon Detectives cover of Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend"?

But fun cover doesn't mean it's good. At least not to move oversized ears.

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's more that it just sounds bad tbh. I get the live lounge thing had always been about covering stuff beyond your norm; who can forget the classic Pigeon Detectives cover of Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend"?

Aye, don't think anyone is having a pop at what they were trying to do more that it sounds chronic and their accents make me want to rip my ears off.

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Aye, don't think anyone is having a pop at what they were trying to do more that it sounds chronic and their accents make me want to rip my ears off.

Oh yeah, just clarifying for Dental.

We're on the same page again. We should probably get matching tattoos, or one of those heart pendants that's broken in half and each gets one piece.

Too much?

Not much in terms of new releases on my radar this week, missed this one from last week though from Crooked Colours. Only discovered them earlier this year when going through a period of listening to a lot of Aussie bands. Back catalogue is really worth checking out, got a bit of an Alt J sound to some of their tracks but a bit more upbeat and electronic dance vibe.

8 hours ago, Quark said:

7 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

You started listening to a Biffy Clyro performance and was surprised that they sounded bad?

On 7/17/2020 at 12:08 PM, AldoTVAOF said:

Debut album from Silverbacks out today is a good listen, similar to Girl Band (maybe a lazy comparison since their bassist produced this record!)

Loving the new Blinders album on first listen too.

I've only just got round to giving this a proper go and its really great. Wish I'd gone and seen them when they supported Girl Band now ahah, I was round the corner in the pub though desperately trying to drink off a hangover. But yeah great album, reminds me a bit of Kagoule but maybe thst's a lazy comparison coz its probably just coz of the male/female singers thing ahah.

10 hours ago, priest17 said:

New New (New²?) Order. I like it. Others have said its a bit too like Electronic but that's no bad thing to this guy

It sounds like an out take from Lost Sirens and will not go down as one of their best efforts. Not sure where the Electronic comparison has come from, it sounds absolutely nothing like Electronic.

Now i am not Hooky's biggest fan and don't think he has been particularly missed, yet this new song is screaming out for a bassline.

After 2 stinkers, Hurts have come back with a very decent album. It is far better than the previous two efforts and it is good to have them back.

14 hours ago, eastynh said:

After 2 stinkers, Hurts have come back with a very decent album. It is far better than the previous two efforts and it is good to have them back.

I'd caught one of the single but missed the album release, will add it to the pile. Cheers Easty.