2020 New Music

dentalplan

Listened to Disclosure twice through earlier and thought it was good background music but nothing really jumping out. Apart from a few singles they’re really not had anything on the same level as Settle. Gave Pvris a spin and quite enjoyed it, will definitely revisit over the weekend. Will definitely look to get tickets if they tour next year

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Bit of a new direction for Smashing Pumpkins that is sure to rile up some old fans, but this song ain’t half catchy and I kind of dig it

And this other one they’ve released isn’t too bad either 

Digging The Colour of Love. I was feeling indifferent on Cyr until I saw Jimmy's dancing in that video and now it's fucking amazing.

Bill Callahan's new album Gold Record is out next week but for some reason 9 out of the 10 tracks are already available on Spotify under the name of the most recently released track.

https://open.spotify.com/album/56fFrLaU5FIB8FPNvfnu2X?si=sU-po-feRruepd5AHq7FYA

Why we have to wait a week for "As I Wander" to appear and for Ry Cooder to move to the end of the album I don't know.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Bill Callahan's new album Gold Record is out next week but for some reason 9 out of the 10 tracks are already available on Spotify under the name of the most recently released track.

https://open.spotify.com/album/56fFrLaU5FIB8FPNvfnu2X?si=sU-po-feRruepd5AHq7FYA

Why we have to wait a week for "As I Wander" to appear and for Ry Cooder to move to the end of the album I don't know.

They’ve been releasing it one track a week. I quite like the idea.

36 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nice to see you back pal, swearing and all :D

Awwwww, thanks mate, that's really lovely of you. I didn't get a ticket last October, so just couldn't face being on here, but you know how it is, what you going to do, eh?

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm mortified there's no album announced. That's excellent. First song since the first time round, is that correct? They never miss the spot.

yeah, first new music in 15 years from them as a combo. Got to be honest, didn't think it would ever happen again

They've had a really good lockdown, loads of stuff on their bandcamp page, live albums, compilations, oddities etc - all of it pay what you want, well worth checking out.

Not been paying attention music wise this year but I finally caught up all 94 pages over the past few days. Some lovely stuff this year so far, Yves Tumor, Pottery and that recent Arab Strap one are stand outs to me but there's plenty more. 

also another year and another smashing pumpkins attempt, they just never seem to quite hit the mark for me and I so desperately wish they could

also also this is a thing, make of it what you will